Executive Rehab Centers
What Are Executive Rehab Programs?
An executive rehab program or recovery center is one that caters to the specific needs of business professionals who also require drug or alcohol addiction treatment. Amenities and services allow time and resources for executives to work in the privacy of the recovery facility. Executives may include high-level professionals like a chief executive officer (CEO) or chief operating officer (COO).
How to Choose an Executive Rehab Center
If you are ready to get help for a drug or alcohol addiction, it can feel overwhelming. Between choosing the right rehab and the cost, you may not know where to start. One of the most important factors of effective treatment is that it be tailored to your individual needs, such as amenities to help professionals continue working.1
Features of Executive Recovery Centers
Specific features to consider when choosing an executive rehab include:
- Access to technology and workspaces that offer the use of computers, printers, telephone, and reliable WiFi.
- Facilities that offer privacy so you can work and recover comfortably and securely.
- Complete treatment team that includes doctors, psychiatrists, nurses, and other staff experienced in treating addiction.
- Treatment for co-occurring mental health and substance use disorders. Mental health disorders may include depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, and others.
- Continuing care planning with your treatment team.
- Medication management to help with withdrawal symptoms, cravings, mental health disorders, or medical needs.
- Confidentiality that ensures only you and your treatment team are aware of your status in recovery.
- Luxury amenities like fitness facilities, yoga, spa services, chef-prepared meals, art therapy, and resort-like grounds.
- Lower staff-to-patient ratio so you receive more personalized care.
Types of Rehabs for Executives
Executive addiction treatment may involve either inpatient (also known as residential) or outpatient treatment.
Inpatient treatment may be a more appropriate option for people who have relapsed, been in treatment before, have long-standing addictions, or have more severe challenges like co-occurring disorders or medical complications.2 People stay at the facility for the duration of their treatment, which can range from 28 or 30 days to 60 days, 90 days or longer depending on how your treatment team evaluates your progress in recovery.
Outpatient treatment can vary in intensity and frequency depending on a person’s needs.2 It may be more appropriate for people who need less supervision and want to continue working, going to school, or attending to responsibilities at home. Learn more about inpatient vs. outpatient treatment.
Intensive outpatient treatment (IOP) may require that you visit the facility multiple times a week for a certain number of hours.2 As you progress in treatment, you may “step-down” into a less intensive form of outpatient treatment.2
What Happens at Executive Drug Rehab Centers?
Executive rehabs have many of the same services as other addiction treatment facilities in addition to luxury amenities. Services and amenities may include:
- Detoxification is generally the first phase of a recovery program but not the only part of addiction treatment. This phase involves ending substance use, which can produce a range of withdrawal symptoms from uncomfortable to potentially life-threatening depending on the substance.3 Detox often involves medical supervision during the detox process to ensure a person’s safety.
- Behavioral therapy is a commonly used form of treatment that helps people change their attitudes about substance use, establish healthy habits, and create a treatment plan.2 Therapy typically begins after detoxification and may involve group or individual sessions. Common types of therapy used in executive drug or alcohol rehab programs include cognitive behavioral therapy and motivational interviewing.
- Mutual support groups like 12-step groups help people connect with others in recovery.
- Luxury services like spa treatments, fitness classes, massage, acupuncture, and yoga.
- Continuing care planning, or aftercare, with your treatment team to assess how treatment needs to be adjusted so you have the most appropriate care.
Cost of an Executive Recovery Center
The cost of executive recovery centers often includes extensive amenities and treatment programs that offer clientele more private, spacious accommodations to facilitate their recovery. To provide these valuable services, the cost of executive recovery centers can be considerably higher than a traditional treatment facility.
Cash self-payment and private health insurance are common forms of payment. Be sure to check with the executive rehab center and your insurance company about payment options and to check your coverage.
Find Executive Drug and Alcohol Treatment Centers
No matter what your professional role, if you are struggling with addiction, it may be time to get help. American Addiction Centers’ compassionate admissions navigators are available 24/7 via our confidential toll-free helpline. Contact us at to help you understand treatment options and find the resources you need to start recovery today. Whether you are searching for help with a marijuana addiction, cocaine addiction, crystal meth addiction or alcohol addiction, recovery is possible. There are also free alcohol abuse or drug addiction hotline numbers you can call.
Health Insurance Providers That May Cover Executive Treatment
Learn more about rehab with these insurance providers: