How to Find the Best Private Rehab Centers Near Me
If you have decided to enter a drug or alcohol rehabilitation center, you may have questions about what type of facility you should choose. Private rehab centers are a discreet method of drug and alcohol rehabilitation, often selected for their high level of privacy. These clinics may offer more amenities than public or state-run rehab centers. Here, we provide an overview of private rehabilitation clinics to help you make the decision that’s best for you.
What Are Private Rehabilitation Centers?
Private drug and alcohol rehab programs are administered by private rehabilitation centers. They are among the most sought-after rehab and recovery treatment options for chemical dependency. Private rehab centers, unlike state-run institutions, operate at a profit. A number of private substance abuse treatment center options exist for those struggling with alcohol or drug addictions. Private room drug and alcohol treatment centers can be expensive, but they will typically offer a high quality of care and the lowest staff-to-patient ratios in the industry. Private rehabs exist in just about every region of the United States. You can check your insurance coverage using the form below to determine whether your insurance provider will cover the cost of drug and alcohol treatment.
What Are Public, or State-Funded, Rehab Programs?
Public, or state-funded, rehab programs utilize funding from the government. These government grants are distributed by state and local governments and allow those who are uninsured, or earning a lower wage, to participate in drug and alcohol rehabilitation services. These services may include detox and related treatments and therapies. Public, or state-funded, rehab programs can be part of other governmental programs, such as criminal justice and child social services. However, individuals do not need to be involved with these governmental programs to utilize these services.
Factors to Consider When Choosing Private Rehab Centers
While there are numerous advantages to private rehab centers, there are a few things to consider when choosing a treatment center that best meets you or a loved one’s unique needs.
- Cost. The cost of rehabilitation will vary depending on the facility’s amenities, accommodations and services but, generally, private drug and alcohol rehab centers cost more than public facilities. Private insurance may help cover the cost, but it will depend on the treatment center and your specific insurance plan. Cash or self-payment, private insurance and Medicaid were reported to be the most commonly accepted payments at Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) facilities.¹
- Location. Some of the best private drug rehab centers offer the luxury of more spacious facilities and grounds, but this can also mean that they are more secluded and difficult to access. It’s important to factor in travel time and associated costs when looking at private alcohol and drug treatment options. You may choose an inpatient treatment program out-of-state or an outpatient program closer to home.
- Peer interaction. Private treatment centers typically provide ample peer support, which has been shown to offer many advantages, yet some people may feel uncomfortable with a more intimate environment.² In a smaller group setting, there are more opportunities to interact with a diverse group of individuals, which should be considered when choosing the appropriate type of addiction treatment program. You may choose to receive treatment at private, executive or luxury drug and alcohol rehab centers.
Why Choose Private Drug and Alcohol Treatment Centers?
Your addiction treatment goals can be met successfully by both private and state-run drug and alcohol rehab programs. However, there are a few ways that private rehab facilities vary from traditional state-run or third-party-financed centers, including:
- More time. The amount of time that patients are able to arrange to spend in non-private drug or alcohol rehabilitation programs is generally limited to what their insurance will pay for. This could be 30 days, 60 days or more long-term 90 day stays. Regardless of how generous the insurance policy is, however, a cap may be placed on the length of the patient’s stay in the clinics. Private treatment centers do not operate under these constraints, making it possible for patients to receive care for as long as they need.
- More staff. The higher costs of private rehab aren’t being wasted. One of the finer selling points of private programs over publicly funded or state-run facilities is their far lower ratio of staff members to patients. This can lead to a more customized program and more one-on-one therapy and support.
- Fewer disruptions. One of the nice things about a privately funded rehab center is its relative freedom over the program in place and its application of the house rules to the patients within. Some people simply fail to respond to treatment for their addictions and may even become hostile toward the staff and other patients. A private center has the option to evict such patients from the program to maintain a high level of respect and peace within the facility for those who are dedicated to their recoveries.
- More amenities. State-funded rehab clinics may only offer basic services, such as medical detox and related treatments and therapies, and you will likely share a room. The higher price tag of private rehabs often means that patients may have amenities such as private rooms, exercise facilities, private/family counseling sessions, meditation or yoga classes and more elaborate dining options.
- Greater availability. Private drug rehab centers can be easier to get in to since there may be minimal to no waiting lists – unlike those of free rehabs or state-funded rehabs. Once you have made the decision to enter a rehab facility, the sooner that can happen, the better. It can take weeks or months for admission into some state-run rehab centers.
How to Find the Best Private Rehab Facilities Near Me
Drug and alcohol abuse impacts the lives of those facing addiction themselves in addition to their close friends and loved ones. If you or someone you are close to is dealing with drug or alcohol addiction, help finding private substance abuse treatment centers is available. You may be wondering, ‘where can I find the best private rehab facilities near me?’ or ‘where can I find private detox centers near me?’ You may be looking to find top rehab centers in the US or private addiction treatment closer to home. Please call American Addiction Centers (AAC) for free at for information about substance abuse problems and help finding the best private rehab centers, detox facilities and addiction recovery programs for your requirements. There are also free alcohol abuse and drug addiction hotline numbers you can call.
Use the form below to determine whether your insurance provider will cover treatment with AAC.
Insurance Providers That May Cover Private Rehab Treatment
Learn more about how to pay for treatment with these insurance providers: