Luxury Rehab Centers
What Is a Luxury Rehab Center?
Luxury rehab centers offer high-quality, evidence-based addiction treatment in combination with special amenities for people desiring a more upscale treatment environment. Luxury treatment is often provided in more private accommodations and sought-after destinations to enhance the treatment experience. Treatment services that go beyond standard rehab activities and programs are also common.
While many people think luxury rehab programs are for celebrities, you don’t have to be a household name to seek treatment in a luxury facility.
How Much Does a Luxury Rehab Center Cost?
Like other forms of treatment such as inpatient or outpatient, costs vary depending on several factors. Luxury rehab facilities will most likely cost more than standard inpatient or outpatient, but your insurance may also help cover the cost.
Factors that may affect the cost of luxury rehab include:
- Location of the facility.
- Type of accommodation (private vs. shared).
- Services offered.
- Medications needed.
- Amenities offered (e.g., equine therapy, yoga, art therapy, etc.).
- Insurance coverage.
- Duration of treatment.
Some luxury rehab facilities may not accept insurance at all, so be sure to check with a representative from the facility and contact your insurance provider to confirm coverage.
How Do I Choose the Right Addiction Treatment?
When searching for the right addiction rehab program and facility, it’s important to make sure they offer individualized treatment regardless of which type of rehab it is. Factors to consider are:
- Medically supervised detoxification services.
- Highly trained and credentialed medical staff such as doctors, psychiatrists, and therapists.
- Treatment for co-occurring physical and mental health disorders like anxiety, depression, sleep disorders, and diabetes.
- Specific types of behavioral therapy like cognitive behavioral therapy, contingency management, or family therapy.
- 12-Step or community support groups to help people connect with others and support the ongoing recovery process. Examples of 12-step groups include Alcoholics Anonymous or Narcotics Anonymous.
- Aftercare or continuing care planning is an important part of recovery after formal treatment. Check that the facility offers aftercare planning services between you and your treatment team.
Luxury Rehabs vs. Standard Treatment Facilities
Different rehab and treatment programs offer different options for treatment depending on a person’s needs. Choosing a luxury facility doesn’t make it better or more effective than any other facility. What’s most important is choosing a program that addresses the whole person and their personal preferences.
When you are able to feel comfortable with your surroundings, recovery staff, and treatment methodology, it may be easier to focus on recovery. For some people, that comfort level may only come in a luxurious setting that feels more like a resort than a medical facility.
Some factors that may set a luxury facility apart from standard addiction treatment centers include:
- Geographic location. Private luxury centers are more likely to be located in exotic beach areas or secluded country settings.
- Amenities. A high-end facility may offer private rooms and workspaces, fine dining, room service, and other services like those you might find in a hotel.
- Activities. In addition to addiction-related activities, an upscale program may also offer opportunities for spa treatments, horseback riding, swimming, exercise, and more.
- Specialized therapies. Most treatment facilities offer some form of behavioral therapy, but luxury rehabs may offer additional therapies, like art therapy, yoga therapy, and more.
Celebrity Rehab Programs vs. Luxury Rehab Programs
Those looking for a luxury rehab facility may want to avoid the so-called celebrity rehabilitation spas. These specific treatment facilities are designed to provide high-profile individuals with a secluded, restful setting, but may not offer the intensive treatment you or a loved one may require.
While you likely don’t want celebrity rehabs, if you desire a more luxury, private setting, you can still find a treatment facility that meets your needs without being a high-profile individual.
Find Luxury Drug Rehab Near Me
If you or a loved one are ready to get help for your addiction, American Addiction Centers (AAC) is here to help. Our caring team of admissions navigators are available 24/7 via our confidential helpline at to help you understand treatment options, check insurance coverage at AAC facilities, and provide additional resources about the recovery process, as needed.