Above All Recovery Center
- Trauma Incident Reduction
- Heart Centered Hypno-therapy
- Rational Emotive Behavioral Therapy
- Progress Based Phase Program
- Individualized Treatment Approach
Family ProgramResearch shows that the odds of successful, sustained recovery from addiction are far higher when family members and loved ones are involved in treatment. Drug and alcohol addiction often have genetic roots, whether related to substance abuse, mental illness or both. Family dynamics also play a role and, often, family members are the first to realize a loved one has developed an addiction. Also, it's important for family members to understand and embrace the lifestyle changes that are required to sustain recovery.
Individualized TreatmentSome facilities have an addiction treatment protocol that all patients or clients are expected to follow, while others customize or individualize treatment based on a person's unique needs and circumstances. Factors that may affect treatment decisions include age, lifestyle, medical conditions, type of drug, religious beliefs, etc.
Aftercare SupportAddiction recovery does not end with discharge after completing a rehab program. Facilities that offer aftercare planning and/or support work with patients to ensure sustainable recovery by helping to plan and make arrangements for transitional or sober living, help with housing, vocational counseling, etc.
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)The focus of cognitive behavioral therapy (also called CBT) is helping people to understand the thoughts and emotions that underlie their addiction with the goal of learning new, healthier and more productive ways to understand and express themselves.
- Residential Neighborhood
- Average Location/Amenities
Meet the Staff
- Dr. Krista Bloom, L.C.S.W, PhDClinical DirectorDr. Bloom is kind and compassionate but firm; providing supervision, guidance, training, intervention, and meaningful therapeutic services. She is also an author and co-author of several books, and has spoken internationally on topics of substance abuse, trauma, sexuality, and relationships. Dr. Bloom has a passion for assisting clients and staff to reach their maximum potential through her solution-focused leadership style and service-oriented approach. Dr. Bloom has a collaborative style of developing and working with teams of professionals with a philosophy of providing client-centered, effective and evidence-based practices. Dr. Bloom is kind and compassionate but firm; providing supervision, guidance, training, intervention, and meaningful therapeutic services. She is also an author and co-author of several books, and has spoken internationally on topics of substance abuse, trauma, sexuality, and relationships. She has participated in specialized training in the areas of substance abuse, trauma, clinical sexology, and relationship coaching. Dr. Bloom has a Ph.D. in Clinical Sexology, and is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker with a Master’s Degree in Clinical Social Work. She is a Board Qualified Clinical Supervisor for Registered Clinical Social Work and Mental Health Counseling Interns. She has served as a Clinical Director and also as a Licensed Therapist for over 15 years and is very involved with client care, including interdisciplinary staffing and facilitating groups as needed.
- Dr. William Krieger, PhD, LCSW,MCAP,CHT,ACSWPrimary TherapistDr. Krieger brings evidence-based practices such as Rational-Emotive-Behavioral-Therapy and Trauma Incident Reduction to life at our treatment center, inspiring clients to consider new possibilities of success for their present and their future. Dr. Krieger is a Board Certified Clinical Sexologist, Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), a peer accepted member of The Academy of Certified Social Workers (ACSW), a Board Approved Clinical Hypnotherapist (CHt), a Master Certified Addiction Professional (MCAP), and a Board Qualified Supervisor. His wide-ranging interests have led to studies in Clinical Social Work, Hypnotherapy, Trauma, Clinical Sexology, Art History, Computer Science, Marketing, Advertising, and the Liberal Arts in New York, Florida, and Switzerland. A graduate of Fordham University’s Graduate School of Social Services. Dr. Krieger was awarded Fordham’s Rev. J. McCarthy Award for Outstanding Academic and Field Achievement and has trained clinically at The American Academy of Clinical Sexologists, The Manhattan Psychiatric Center, The Albert Ellis Institute in Manhattan, The Wellness Institute, and Miami’s Trauma Resolution Center. Dr. Krieger brings evidence-based practices such as Rational-Emotive-Behavioral-Therapy and Trauma Incident Reduction to life at our treatment center, inspiring clients to consider new possibilities of success for their present and their future.
- Laurie Kupersmith, ARNP,MSN,FNP-BC,CARN-APNurse Practitioner
- Nicholas ElserDirector Of Business Development
- Financing Available
Treatment Center Links
Rehabs 360 Guide
ABOUT ABOVE ALL RECOVERY CENTER
Above All Recovery Center (AARC) provides treatment for substance abuse and mental health conditions. The center is one of the 287 (43 percent) of Florida treatment centers to offer intensive outpatient treatment as well as outpatient treatment.
TREATMENT & ASSESSMENT
According to the facility's LinkedIn page, Above All Recovery Center uses evidence-based treatment. The facility implements a three phase long-term plan, though details are not provided.
The center is one of the 512 (76.6 percent) of Florida treatment centers to use 12-step facilitation.
One staff review noted that some staff members are in recovery. A video published by the facility in 2018 showed a nurse practicioner and therapists
Above All Recovery Center is one of the 203 (30.4 percent) of Florida treatment centers that are accredited by The Joint Commission.
ACCOMMODATIONS & AMENITIES
According to a video published by the center, Above All Recovery Center provides a gym membership. Clients have access to a recovery workshop where they can work on crafts and projects.
WHAT ALUMNI SAY
The sole alum to respond to a Rehabs.com survey to date recommended treatment at Above All Recovery Center. They gave perfect five-star ratings to all 15 evaluated categories, including the center's affordability, holistic offerings, and the staff's experience and training.
"This is a great facility to get help with your addiction," they wrote. "The counselors are very professional and really care about you getting the help you need and recover."
On Google, Above All Recovery Center has an average rating of 4.6 out of five stars based on 67 reviews. Reviewers praised the treatment effectiveness and the staff.
On Yelp, the facility has an average rating of two out of five stars based on four reviews, as well as four five-star ratings and two one-star ratings that are not currently recommended.  While praise echoed that on Google, other individuals noted outdated facilities and the expensive cost of treatment.
WHAT FRIENDS & FAMILY SAY
To date, the sole loved one polled by Rehabs.com gave perfect five-star ratings to 14 of 15 evaluated categories including the staff's experience and training, the level of family participation, and affordability.
"They helped him and our family through the process," wrote the anonymous loved one. "The staff is the strongest and best strength of this facility."
WHAT STAFF SAY
Ten staff members polled by Rehabs.com at this time of writing provided positive feedback about Above All Recovery Center. Staffers noted "excellent" treatment and praised coworkers. "AARC is a fantastic treatment facility and has the most qualified, dedicated team of staff members," wrote Kristin in a representative review.
While most staff members didn't note any weaknesses, Krista wrote, "The accomodations are clean an decent but not luxurious." Scott added: "Not always organized."
Staff's Experience/Training: 5/5
Holistic Offerings: 4.6/5
Exercise/Leisure Options: 4.7/5
Counseling Options: 5/5
On Indeed, Above All Recovery Center has perfect five-star ratings from three current and former staffers.
There is currently no information provided online regarding the facility's costs.
Recovery.org is a third-party resource for consumers seeking addiction treatment.
We list thousands of treatment providers throughout the U.S., often including alumni and staff ratings and reviews, and Recovery.org 360 Guides that provide valuable information for people making difficult decisions. Recovery.org is not influenced in regards to its ratings or reviews by any treatment center or its sponsors, and we clearly designate advertiser relationships with “Sponsor” or “Ad” or “Advertisement”.