Action Drug Rehabs - Bakersfield Drug and Alcohol Treatment Center
407 Helen Way , Bakersfield, California, 93307
Action Family Counseling is unique in that we have IN-NETWORK insurance contracts with nearly all major health plans. Often times Action’s treatment prices are covered at up to 80-100% by individual’s health plans. Out-of Network rehabs are mostly more expensive than treatment at In-Network rehab centers like Action. Our pricing structure is set up to be very competitive and to minimize the financial burden of families in need of treatment & rehabilitation for a loved ones’ alcohol and other drug usage. Please read on to learn more. We have a team of substance abuse experts on standby awaiting your call for help should you need to reach out anytime. Action Family Counseling employs a multidisciplinary approach to chemical dependency treatment, providing residential care, intensive outpatient services, and partial hospitalization to those struggling with addiction in Southern California. Action Family Counseling provides daily addiction education groups focusing on themes such as relapse prevention, addiction as a disease, personal relationship development, peer problem solving, behavioral triggers, and 12-Step principles. In addition to group work, clients are encouraged to attend individual counseling sessions to develop skills for independent living, personal growth, stress management, decision making, communication, and more. Loved ones are encouraged to assume an active role in individuals’ recovery by participating in family therapy sessions.
- 5:1 Staff to Client Ratio
- 30 Beds
- Relapse Prevention
Residential TreatmentResidential treatment programs provide housing (food and meals) in addition to treatment for substance abuse. Some facilities offer only short-term residential treatment, some offer only long-term treatment and others offer both, ranging from a few days to many months, based on patient needs.
OutpatientOutpatient treatment describes all addiction treatment that is not residential. Patients live at home while undergoing rehab.
- Average Location/Amenities
Meet the Staff
- Cary QuashenCEO/FounderCary Quashen has dedicated the past 30 years of his life, reaching troubled teens and dysfunctional families with the objective of passing the wisdom and expertise he has obtained in his 36 years of sobriety. Quashen provides evaluation, assessments and interventions to parents, school districts and the juvenile justice system. Cary has become a nationally recognized expert working with adults and adolescents struggling with addiction to drugs and alcohol.
- Lance CurtisProgram Director - MFTiLance Curtis is an Ohio native who has resided in California since 1960. He has been a resident of Kern County since 2003. Lance has had several tours of duty with Action Family Counseling since 2003. He has served as the Program Director of the Action Family Counseling Residential Treatment Center ,which was located in Santa Paula, the therapist of the Bakersfield Intensive Outpatient Program, Program Director of the Bakersfield Residential Treatment Center for almost 6 years . Lance has worked for the Alameda County Probation Department, The California Youth Authority ,which he served as a parole agent and designed the departments first coed substance abuse program, Casa Del Colegio. Lance has also been a parole agent for the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation . Lance also spent five years as the Program Director for the Delano Adult Day Health Care Center. Lance holds a Bachelors of Science in Human Development from California State University East Bay and a Masters Degree in Marriage, Family Therapy from California Lutheran University and will be sitting for the licensing exam late 2017 or early 2018. Lance enjoys spending his free time with his wife and family.
- In-Network Contracts w/ most Health Plans