AdCare Outpatient Facility, Springfield
- Co-Occurring Group/Dual Diagnosis
- Women's Group
- Intensive Outpatient Programs
- Structured Early Recovery Group
- Parenting Group
Individual, Group, and Family CounselingFamily involvement is an important component of successful treatment and is strongly encouraged. Family members struggling with the effects of a loved one's substance use can take advantage of Family Counseling.
Family Informational ProgramHeld on the 2nd Wednesday of the month at 6:00 p.m., this complementary program provides substance use education for families and friends.
- Average Location/Amenities
Meet the Staff
- David W. Hillis, Jr.Vice President of Outpatient OperationsDavid W. Hillis, Jr., Vice President of Outpatient Operations, oversees the development of AdCare outpatient services clinics, located throughout Massachusetts and Rhode Island. Mr. Hillis, who has worked in the healthcare field since 1988, has also served as Director of Outpatient Services and as an Outpatient Therapist at AdCare Hospital. He received a B.S. degree in Psychology and a M.S. degree in Psychology (Mental Health Counseling) from Salem State College. Mr. Hillis is also a Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) and a Certified Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselor (CADAC-II), as well as a Licensed Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselor (LADC-I).
- Mohammad Alhabbal, MDMedical DirectorMohammad Alhabbal is certified by the American Board of Addiction Medicine (ABAM) and the American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM), as well as a member of the American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) and the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP). A graduate of the Damascus University Medical School in Damascus, Syria, Dr. Alhabbal completed his Family Medicine Residency at the University of Massachusetts Medical School in Worcester, Massachusetts, where he is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Family Medicine, Hospitalist Division. Dr. Alhabbal is also the principal of an addiction medicine/Medication Assisted Treatment practice located on the main campus of AdCare Hospital.
- Financing Available
Treatment Center Links
Rehabs 360 Guide
ABOUT ADCARE WEST SPRINGFIELD OUTPATIENT
Founded in 1975, AdCare operates multiple drug and alcohol facilities across Massachusetts and Rhode Island. The West Springfield, Mass., location is an outpatient treatment facility, which make up about 64 percent of all treatment facilities in Massachusetts. Along with regular outpatient treatment, the treatment center also offers intensive outpatient and family programs.
AdCare West Springfield Outpatient, like all AdCare facilities, is part of American Addiction Centers nationwide network of treatment facilities.
TREATMENT & ASSESSMENT
According to AdCare's website, the West Springfield location offers a range of specialized outpatient programs such as co-occurring group, parenting group, women's group, and Spanish speaking intensive outpatient program.
All of AdCare's outpatient treatment centers provide comprehensive assessment, early recovery group, family support services, and day and evening sessions. Programming also includes individual, group, and family counseling. Friends and family meetings are offered monthly.
The center's goals are to teach clients how to maintain sobriety, and teach them about substance dependency and the recovery process. During treatment, clients build recovery skills to maintain a sober lifestyle, increase stability, develop skills to help manage life changes, and assist friends and family in coping with the impact of addiction.
The outpatient programs are designed to fit into the clients' schedules so individuals can get individualized treatment without.
AdCare's website notes its treatment team includes physicians, nurses, clinicians, nurse practitioners, counselors, and case managers, However, it's not clear what staff is at which location. AdCare - West Springfield is accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO), placing it among the 28 percent of JCAHO accredited facilities in the state of Massachusetts.
Rehabs.com has yet to receive any reviews from this facility’s former clients. However, reviews on Facebook are mostly positive. To date, the 31 people who left reviews on AdCare's Facebook page, which it has the ability to manage, gave an average of 4.5 out of five stars. 
Individuals praised the staff and noted the center saved their life. "They will always go out of their way to help. If you're serious about it, they support you fully. If you're unsure, they support you fully," Kurt wrote in a representative review. One person did write about a negative experience with a staffer on the phone.
Feedback from staff was not as positive. At the time of this writing, the eight employees who left Glassdoor reviews for AdCare gave an average of 2.1 out of five stars. While a few individuals praised the company, the other reviewers wrote negative things about it. Negative feedback includes disorganized management, high stress levels, and big caseloads.
According to AdCare's website, it accepts insurance plans.
Recovery.org is a third-party resource for consumers seeking addiction treatment.
We list thousands of treatment providers throughout the U.S., often including alumni and staff ratings and reviews, and Recovery.org 360 Guides that provide valuable information for people making difficult decisions. Recovery.org is not influenced in regards to its ratings or reviews by any treatment center or its sponsors, and we clearly designate advertiser relationships with “Sponsor” or “Ad” or “Advertisement”.