AdCare Outpatient Facility, Warwick
- Co-Occurring Group
- Early and Advanced Recovery Group
- Parenting Group
- Intensive Outpatient Programs
- Structured Early Recovery Group
- Women's Group
- complimentary family informational program 2x per month - on the first and last Tuesday.
Individual and Family CounselingFamily involvement is an important component of successful treatment and is strongly encouraged. All family members struggling with or affected by alcohol and drug dependency can take advantage of our counseling programs.
Complimentary Family Informational ProgramHeld on the 1st Tuesday of the month at 6:30 p.m., this complemenary informational program provides substance use education to family and friends.
- Average Location/Amenities
Meet the Staff
- David W. Hillis, Jr.Vice President of Outpatient OperationsDavid W. Hillis, Jr., Vice President of Outpatient Operations, oversees the development of AdCare outpatient services clinics, located throughout Massachusetts and Rhode Island. Mr. Hillis, who has worked in the healthcare field since 1988, has also served as Director of Outpatient Services and as an Outpatient Therapist at AdCare Hospital. He received a B.S. degree in Psychology and a M.S. degree in Psychology (Mental Health Counseling) from Salem State College. Mr. Hillis is also a Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) and a Certified Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselor (CADAC-II), as well as a Licensed Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselor (LADC-I).
- Mohammad Alhabbal, MDMedical DirectorMohammad Alhabbal is certified by the American Board of Addiction Medicine (ABAM) and the American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM), as well as a member of the American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) and the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP). A graduate of the Damascus University Medical School in Damascus, Syria, Dr. Alhabbal completed his Family Medicine Residency at the University of Massachusetts Medical School in Worcester, Massachusetts, where he is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Family Medicine, Hospitalist Division. Dr. Alhabbal is also the principal of an addiction medicine/Medication Assisted Treatment practice located on the main campus of AdCare Hospital.
- Financing Available
Treatment Center Links
Rehabs 360 Guide
ABOUT ADCARE WARWICK OUTPATIENT
Founded in 1975, AdCare operates multiple drug and alcohol facilities across Massachusetts and Rhode Island. The Warwick location is an outpatient facility, which make up about 89 percent of all treatment facilities in Rhode Island. The center provides both regular outpatient treatment and intensive outpatient programs (IOP) to individuals struggling with substance abuse or co-occurring disorders.
AdCare Warwick Outpatient, like all AdCare locations, is part of American Addiction Centers nationwide network of treatment facilities.
TREATMENT & ASSESSMENT
According to AdCare's website, the Warwick specialized programs include advanced recovery group, co-occurring group, parenting group, and women's group.
Programming may also include comprehensive assessments, early recovery group, family support services, intensive outpatient programs, day and evening sessions, along with individuals, group, and family counseling. Family and friend meetings are offered monthly, on the first Tuesday at 6:30 PM.
AdCare's goal is to teach clients how to maintain a sober lifestyle while learning about substance abuse and the recovery process; build recovery skills; increase physical and emotional stability; develop life skills; and help loved ones cope with the impact of addiction on relationships.
AdCare's website indicates its treatment team includes physicians, nurses, clinicians, nurse practitioners, counselors, and case managers. However, it's not clear what staff members are at each location. All AdCare facilities are accredited by the Joint Commission, placing AdCare Warwick OP among 15 (about 29 percent) of Rhode Island facilities to receive the same accreditation.
WHAT ALUMNI SAY
Rehabs.com has yet to receive any reviews from this facility’s former clients, loved ones, or staffers. However, reviews on Facebook are mostly positive. To date, the 31 individuals who gave reviews on AdCare's Facebook page, which it has the ability to manage, gave an average of 4.5 out of five stars. 
Only two individuals provided negative commentary. Individuals who gave positive feedback praised the supportive staff and effective programs. "So, just in case you missed it, they're always there to...(drum roll)...bend over backwards if needed to support you fully," an alum wrote in a representative review.
WHAT STAFF SAY
Feedback from staff are mixed. The 44 people who gave reviews for AdCare on Indeed gave an average of 3.7 out of five stars. Many staffers wrote it was a good place to work and praised their supportive co-workers. 'This is a great facility, great place to work..Management is great they care about there staff," an employee wrote in a representative review. 
According to AdCare's website, it accepts insurance plans. Specifically, AdCare Warwick OP accepts Medicare (accepted by only 44 percent of Rhode Island facilities), Medicaid (accepted by 81 percent of Rhode Island facilities), and various private insurance plans.
Recovery.org is a third-party resource for consumers seeking addiction treatment.
We list thousands of treatment providers throughout the U.S., often including alumni and staff ratings and reviews, and Recovery.org 360 Guides that provide valuable information for people making difficult decisions. Recovery.org is not influenced in regards to its ratings or reviews by any treatment center or its sponsors, and we clearly designate advertiser relationships with “Sponsor” or “Ad” or “Advertisement”.