AdCare Outpatient Facility, Worcester
- Co-Occurring Group
- Outpatient Detox
- Whole Person Wellness Group
- Intensive Outpatient Detox
- SOAP – Structured Outpatient Addictions Program
- Mens / Womens Groups
- Mindfulness Group
- Parenting Group
- Spanish Early Recovery Group
Individual, Group, and Family CounselingFamily involvement is an important component of successful treatment and is strongly encouraged. Family members struggling with the effects of a loved one's substance use can take advantage of Family Counseling.
Family Informational ProgramHeld on the 4th Wednesday of the month at 6:00pm, this complimentary program provides substance use education for family and friends.
- Average Location/Amenities
Meet the Staff
- David W. Hillis, Jr.Vice President of Outpatient OperationsDavid W. Hillis, Jr., Vice President of Outpatient Operations, oversees the development of AdCare outpatient services clinics, located throughout Massachusetts and Rhode Island. Mr. Hillis, who has worked in the healthcare field since 1988, has also served as Director of Outpatient Services and as an Outpatient Therapist at AdCare Hospital. He received a B.S. degree in Psychology and a M.S. degree in Psychology (Mental Health Counseling) from Salem State College. Mr. Hillis is also a Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) and a Certified Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselor (CADAC-II), as well as a Licensed Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselor (LADC-I).
- Mohammad Alhabbal, MDMedical DirectorMohammad Alhabbal is certified by the American Board of Addiction Medicine (ABAM) and the American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM), as well as a member of the American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) and the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP). A graduate of the Damascus University Medical School in Damascus, Syria, Dr. Alhabbal completed his Family Medicine Residency at the University of Massachusetts Medical School in Worcester, Massachusetts, where he is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Family Medicine, Hospitalist Division. Dr. Alhabbal is also the principal of an addiction medicine/Medication Assisted Treatment practice located on the main campus of AdCare Hospital.
- Georganna KoppermannVice President of Marketing & Community ServicesGeorganna “Georgie” brings over 30 years of extensive experience in healthcare marketing, advertising and branding to her role as leader of community services. Georgie contributes a uniquely approachable style of leadership and patient advocacy that are essential to AdCare’s formula for success. She is known for the pride that she takes in building strong relationships with clients, colleagues and vendors – attributes that help expand AdCare’s reputation of being a quality employer and provider.
- Joan L. Bertrand, M.B.A., S.P.H.R., P.H.R.Vice President of Human ResourcesJoan L. Bertrand, M.B.A., S.P.H.R., P.H.R., former Director of Human Resources returned to AdCare Hospital in 2002 from a position as Administrative Head of Human Resources at St. Francis Medical Center in Los Angeles, CA. Ms. Bertrand, who is a Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR), is an Adjunct Professor in the Professional Studies Program at Assumption College in Worcester, MA teaching continuing education courses for the SPHR National Certificate Preparation Course. Community affiliations include Board Member and Treasurer of the Girl Scouts of Central and Western MA, Board Member of the Alumna Board of Anna Maria College and former President of the Board of Directors of Girls, Inc. of Worcester, MA.
- Financing Available
Rehabs 360 Guide
ABOUT ADCARE WORCESTER OUTPATIENT
Founded in 1975, AdCare operates multiple drug and alcohol facilities across Massachusetts and Rhode Island including residential and outpatient centers. The Worcester, Mass. location is an outpatient treatment facility, which make up about 64 percent of all treatment facilities in Massachusetts. Services include regular outpatient treatment, intensive outpatient programs, outpatient detox, and family programs.
AdCare Worcester Outpatient, like all AdCare facilities, are part of American Addiction Centers.
While detox and residential programs are not provided at the AdCare Worcester OP, they are offered AdCare Hospital, located just down the road. Additionally, you can also consider the AdCare Rhode Island facility, located in North Kingstown, if you need detox or residential treatment.
TREATMENT & ASSESSMENT
According to AdCare's website, the Worcester location offers a range of specialized outpatient programs including alternatives in recovery, outpatient detox, and Structured Outpatient Addictions Program (SOAP).
The treatment center also provides many groups such as co-occurring group, mindful group, men's group, women's group, parenting group, recover life skills group, spirituality group, whole person wellness group, and young person's group.
Programming may include comprehensive assessments, early recovery group, family support services, along with day and evening sessions. Individual, group, and family counseling is also available. Family and friends meetings are offered monthly.
The facility's goal is to help clients maintain abstinence, learn about substance abuse and recovery, build recovery skills, increase stability, learn coping skills, and help loved ones cope with the impact of addiction on relationships.
AdCare's website notes it employs physicians, nurses, clinicians, nurse practitioners, counselors, and case managers. Yet, it's not clear what staff members are at each location.
WHAT ALUMNI SAY
Rehabs.com has yet to receive any reviews from this facility’s former clients, loved ones, or staffers. However, the 22 people who left Google Reviews for AdCare Hospital of Worcester to date gave 3.5 out of five stars. Reviews are mixed. Some alumni were positive, praising AdCare Worcester and its staff. "AdCare is a lifesaver. From the first phonecall they were great," Alum D.D. wrote, "The whole staff treats you like a person,with genuine caring."
Negative reviews appeared to center on the staff's behavior, such as laziness and poor supervision of discharge procedures. "This is a terrible program," alum M.M. wrote, "...the worst part is the staff is very questionable."
The 31 people who left Facebook Reviews for AdCare gave an average of average of 4.5 out of five stars. However, it's important to note the reviews are for all of AdCare's centers, and the center can manage its Facebook page reviews.
WHAT STAFF SAY
Feedback from staff was not as positive. To date, the eight employees who left Glassdoor reviews for AdCare gave an average of 2.1 out of five stars. A few individuals praised the company, but negative feedback includes disorganized management, high stress levels, and big caseloads.
According to AdCare's website, it accepts insurance plans. AdCare Worcester Outpatient, like the nearby AdCare Hospital, accepts both Medicare (accepted by 54 percent of Massachusetts facilities) and Medicaid (accepted by 68 percent of Massachusetts facilities).
Recovery.org is a third-party resource for consumers seeking addiction treatment.
We list thousands of treatment providers throughout the U.S., often including alumni and staff ratings and reviews, and Recovery.org 360 Guides that provide valuable information for people making difficult decisions. Recovery.org is not influenced in regards to its ratings or reviews by any treatment center or its sponsors, and we clearly designate advertiser relationships with “Sponsor” or “Ad” or “Advertisement”.