AIM Recovery Center
2504 44th Street, Dickinson, Texas, 77539
AIM Recovery Center provides substance abuse treatment and recovery support services for men struggling with addiction. We use the latest brain science to create a 12 step alternative that unloads the baggage of the past, reframes the behaviors and thinking of the present, and offers hope for a successful future. We are located in Texas, halfway between Houston and Galveston, and we provide services for up to 80 men in our program. Our AIM is to Accept, Inspire, and Mentor. Our intensive program will take you from addiction to freedom. We have an instant start program that can get clients immediate help. We surround clients with support services to assure that when they graduate, they are ready to move into a successful life; fully armed with tools and resources to chart a path to a life they are proud of. This life includes having strong, healthy relationships, a professional career, a solid core of values, being spiritually grounded and inspired, a mindset of helping and encouraging others, and a life free from all addictions and addictive behaviors. After graduation, we offer 4 different levels of after care support depending on the clients needs. So, from the day you call us, for as long as you need us... we will be there.
- Two grand pianos
- Discreet location
- Chapel and worship center
- Newly remodeled
Chemical Dependency CounselingIndividual Counseling, Group Counseling, and Family Counseling.
Psychoeducational GroupsChemical Dependency Education, Life Skills, and Relapse Prevention.
InterventionsIntegrative, Emotionally Focused, Mindfulness-Based, Trauma-informed, Attachment-based, Person-Centered, Solution Focused, Strength-based, Somatic, Narrative Therapy, Cognitive Therapies, and Motivational Interviewing.
Meet the Staff
- James WhiteExecutive Director"I love helping people reach their dreams. For 36 years I have devoted my life to mentoring, teaching, and counseling people who want to change their life for the better. I cannot think of a more fulfilling way to spend my time. That’s why I started AIM Recovery Center. At AIM, we have worked so hard to create an affordable, high quality program that works. This program is the culmination of a lifetime of learning what actually helps people make lasting change. I’m proud of what we have developed and can’t wait for you to join me and my staff as we work together to create an awesome future for you. When I’m not working at AIM, I get my joy from spending time with my 9 year old son, playing the piano [I’m a concert pianist], and playing ping pong. I have quite a collection of board games, so maybe we’ll have a chance to play a game or two while you’re here."
- Dean Sims (LCDC)Clinical Director"To achieve lasting change, you have to change at the emotional level. It took me 20 years to realize this. I had gone through trial and error, attempt after attempt, and I got nowhere but depressed. In my mind, I wanted to change, but just couldn’t stick with it. Once I learned to address the underlying causes, my emotions no longer fought against my mind, and I was able to quit my own addictions, and stay quit. That’s the trick! I can teach you to do that too at AIM, and it won’t take 20 years! For me, there is nothing more rewarding than working with clients as they identify their core recovery issue. I help clients find their own life purpose and create a life vision for themselves; something more meaningful than using drugs or alcohol. I know my purpose is working with clients just like you at AIM. What’s your life purpose or vision for yourself? I’m intensely interested in finding out."
- Paul DalangpanAdministration Director"I love that I get to use my skills in management and operations, from my years as a naval officer to make everything at AIM run smoothly and efficiently. I also get to use my passion for mentoring as I lead one of the evening program classes. It is an honor to be able to help you in what ever way I can, to overcome your addictions and build a great life for yourself. It is a privilege to be part of this excellent organization. When I’m not at AIM, my wife and two children keep me busy. I have an active one-on-one discipleship ministry through my church as well. I love basketball, having played competitively since the age of ten. Though I’ve lost a few steps over the years, I still love the game. I also have a collection of tennis shoes that I’m quite proud of."
- We have several financing options that can make our program accessible to anyone.
Rehabs 360 Guide
Recovery.org is a third-party resource for consumers seeking addiction treatment.
We list thousands of treatment providers throughout the U.S., often including alumni and staff ratings and reviews, and Recovery.org 360 Guides that provide valuable information for people making difficult decisions. Recovery.org is not influenced in regards to its ratings or reviews by any treatment center or its sponsors, and we clearly designate advertiser relationships with “Sponsor” or “Ad” or “Advertisement”.