Alternative to Meds Center
3130 W State Route 89A, Sedona, Arizona, 86336
About Alternative To Meds Center: ATMC is a licensed, 18-bed, integrative residential behavioral health facility specializing in treating mental health, natural medication tapering, and dual diagnosis located in a retreat-like setting in Sedona, Arizona. Founded in 2006, ATMC specializes in helping people remove the toxicity and dependency from prescription medication, and determining the root cause of mental illness and co-occurring disorders through around-the-clock, supervised, tapering withdrawal in a relaxed, supportive and safe environment. Through lab testing and other assessments, the Center identifies addictive biochemistry and other root causes for drug dependency. Individualized treatment is tailor-designed for each client to remove toxins, rebalance body and brain chemistry, and create a new pathway toward natural well-being.
- Medication Withdrawal Tapering
- Antidepressant Withdrawal and Medication Tapering
- Antipsychotic Withdrawal and Medication Tapering
Holistic and Individualized mental health:At ATMC, a holistic approach means treating the whole person and taking into account all the factors that can contribute to a person’s state of being such as nutrition, activity levels, and genetic and environmental factors. Since, every human is unique, the first step to treating a patient is to understand their unique needs and makeup.
Integrative and evidence-based modelsATMC’s integrative approach utilizes the best available proven treatment methods that have been shown to be the most effective. Some of the approaches ATMC incorporates include: o Environmental Medicine o Naturopathic Medicine o Orthomolecular Medicine o Mindfulness Practices o Traditional Chinese Medicine o Compassion-based Therapy
- Residential Neighborhood
Meet the Staff
- Libby Smith, PhDClinical DirectorLibby Smith or “Dr. Libby” as many of her friends and clients affectionately call her, is an educator, counselor, author, Chair of the Certification Board for Equine Interaction Professionals, and an Equine-Assisted Therapeutic Practitioner. Libby as two bachelor’s degrees, two master’s degrees, and is currently working on third Master’s in Addiction Counseling at Grand Canyon University. She holds two doctoral degrees: One in Holistic Theology and the other in Educational Leadership, with an emphasis on health and sociology, from Northern Arizona University. She has been teaching at colleges and universities for over twenty-five years including Northern Arizona University and Wichita State University and has written and published several books including her most recent, “What’s the Matter?” She has been an international speaker at the International Conference for Science and Consciousness. Dr. Libby is certified in Regression Therapy, Life Coaching, Hypnosis, Reiki (level 1) and as a Heartmath Practitioner. Her Equine Therapy Business is called Wind Horse Wellness LLC. Over the past eight years, she has worked as a counselor in both Behavioral Health and Substance Use arenas and currently works as a Therapist at Alternatives to Medications Center. She is the owner and CEO of Wind Horse Wellness LLC located in Flagstaff, Arizona. She has a heart for service and is honored to be working with the administration, staff, and patients at Alternatives to Meds Center.
- Isaac LevinChief AdministratorAs Chief Administrator, Isaac is responsible for overseeing the day to day operations of the program and supervise the staff. He takes the time to work with each staff member to ensure the ATMC team is cohesive and effective. Isaac is one of the founding members of ATMC and has worked with the organization in many capacities. Over the years, he has worked as a care provider, care manager, and massage therapist. His experience allows him to have an intimate understanding of each facet of the organization. He has trainings and certifications as an emergency medical technician, sober coach, and empathic coaching. Isaac prides himself on providing impeccable service to each and every resident. On any given day, he is onsite at the residence or Detox Shoppe available to address the concerns of residents, whether big or small.
- We take PPO insurance only, no medicare or medicaid policies accepted. We offer referrals for financing options.