Ayre Counseling, LLC
1 Madison Ave. Suite 304, Morristown, New Jersey, 07960
Ayre Counseling distinguishes itself from other practices by the quality of its service, utilizing proven, evidence-based treatment and by the quality of care administered by our talented team of clinicians. We pride ourselves on having the most experienced and well-credentialed staff in the area with over 100 years of combined experience.
- Specialists in Substance Abuse Treatment and Mental Health Counseling
- Dr. Ayre is a recognized expert in the areas of co-occurring disorders.
- Board Certified Psychiatrist on staff for psychiatric evaluations.
Client & Family Support GroupsGroup therapy is a vital component of addiction recovery treatment, considered as important and effective (sometimes even more so) than individual therapy. Benefits include reducing isolation and loneliness and providing the opportunity to learn from others in recovery. In the addiction setting, group therapy is run by trained professionals who guide participants toward a shared goal of recovery.
Dual Diagnosis/Co-Occurring Disorders TreatmentThese two terms describe a person who is not only addicted to drugs or alcohol, but also has a mental or emotional illness, such as depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, etc. Facilities that treat patients with dual-diagnosis or co-occurring disorders provide psychiatric treatment in addition to drug and alcohol rehabilitation services.
Meet the Staff
- Dr. Kieran Ayre, PhD, MSW, LCSW, ACSW, C-CATODSW, LCADC, CWTS, CCDS, MATC, FAC, ACS, CSC, CCSExecutive DirectorDr. Kieran Ayre is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and a Licensed Clinical Alcohol and Drug Counselor with 30 years of clinical experience working with adults, adolescents, couples, parents, and families. He has published numerous articles and papers and has lectured at both statewide and national events. As one of the most highly credentialed clinicians in the substance abuse and co-occurring field, Dr. Ayre is a recognized expert in the areas of co-occurring disorders, treatment, and alternative Substance Use Disorders (SUD) treatment approaches. In addition to his clinical practice, he is a professor at both Rutgers University School of Social Work and Rutgers University Center of Alcohol Studies. A preferred provider for executives and professionals seeking mental health or substance abuse services, Dr. Ayre’s expertise is provided in a discrete manner, affording clients the comfort and confidentiality to address their particular concerns at his full-service private practice in Morristown, New Jersey. Dr. Kieran Ayre lives with his wife and children in Northwest New Jersey. He is a motorcycle enthusiast and an FAA licensed private pilot.
- Dr. Edward RatushMedical DirectorDr. Ratush is a specialist in addiction psychiatry as well as mood disorders (depression; mania), anxiety disorders (panic attacks; obsessive-compulsive disorder; PTSD) and arousal disorders (insomnia; fatigue; and Adult ADHD), with a special interest in the interplay of mental health disorders and substance use disorders. Dr. Ratush is equipped to address both mental health and substance abuse issues, helping ensure successful and sustainable recovery.