Banyan Outpatient Chicago
50 S Main Street Suite 290, Naperville, Illinois, 60540
Banyan Treatment Center's mission is to help struggling drug addicts and alcoholics reach their goal of a healthy, happy and productive sober life through an array of treatment services provided by our licensed clinical and medical professionals. Our drug and alcohol rehab programs provides an alternative to traditional inpatient / residential treatment or as a step down from a higher level of care. We emphasize and try to instill the importance of consistency, accountability, and responsibility along with the vital importance of a 12 step program in everybody’s daily lives to achieve the goal of permanent sobriety. After going through his own difficulties battling the disease of addiction Bob Reynolds, Banyan's Director, spent many years working in the recovery community trying to give back by helping other suffering addicts and alcoholics. It was Bob’s vision to start an honest, clean and supportive community for people to recover in. This vision became a reality when he teamed up with a young investor who also had a passion for helping young adults gain the tools they need in order to succeed in life.
- Banyan Offers Truly Customized Plans to Ensure a Sustained Recovery
- Grow Through Recovery with Banyan Treatment Center
- Banyan Treatment Center Stands as a Leader In Client Care with Facilities Nationwide
Cognitive Behavioral TherapyThe focus of cognitive behavioral therapy (also called CBT) is helping people to understand the thoughts and emotions that underlie their addiction with the goal of learning new, healthier and more productive ways to understand and express themselves.
Family ProgramResearch shows that the odds of successful, sustained recovery from addiction are far higher when family members and loved ones are involved in treatment. Drug and alcohol addiction often have genetic roots, whether related to substance abuse, mental illness or both. Family dynamics also play a role and, often, family members are the first to realize a loved one has developed an addiction. Also, it’s important for family members to understand and embrace the lifestyle changes that are required to sustain recovery.
- Average Location/Amenities
Meet the Staff
- James Cunnar MDMedical DirectorJames Cunnar M.D. did his undergraduate training at the University of Notre Dame and the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, receiving a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology from the University of Illinois in 1990. He completed his medical education at Southern Illinois University School of Medicine in 1994. His residency training was performed at Memorial Hospital, South Bend, Indiana, after which he became board certified in Family Practice in 1997. Dr. Cunnar’s clinical interests include adolescent care, adult wellness, and diabetes. Dr. Cunnar is actively involved within the greater community of family physicians on both the national and state level. Dr. Cunnar resides in Aurora. Dr. Cunnar is brings an enthusiastic approach to the collaborative model of treatment Banyan champions.
- David Tews, Ed.D, LCPC, CADCExecutive DirectorDavid Tews, Ed.D., LCPC, CADC has been in the helping profession for over 20 years. He has worked in a variety of settings specializing in the treatment of substance abuse disorders. Dr. Tews got his start as a volunteer at a community center in Sarasota, Florida providing pre- and post-test services for individuals interested in HIV testing. While working on his addictions certification and master’s degree he worked in halfway houses, recovery homes, treatment centers, and clinics. He has also taught addictions and other mental health courses at local colleges and universities. Dr. Tews serves on the Illinois Advisory Council on Alcohol and other Drugs while advocating for those in need of substance abuse treatment.