Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation
10700 Santa Monica Blvd, Suite 310, Los Angeles, California, 90025
Betty Ford Center has provided world-class addiction treatment services in Rancho Mirage, California, since 1982. With the opening of an outpatient center in West Los Angeles in February 2015, Betty Ford Center now offers the full continuum of services based on the 12 Steps, including assessment and evaluation, residential, detox, IOP, mental health, day treatment, outpatient, and sober living housing. We also specialize in treatment for professionals, young adults and those suffering from chronic pain, as well as prevention and education programs for families and children. Open Monday through Friday, the Outpatient Center offers day treatment, intensive outpatient, outpatient and continuing care services. Insurance options are now available at the Betty Ford Center, making treatment more affordable for patients. Providing care for people where and when they need it is our focus. In addition, major insurance is accepted, making treatment more affordable for patients. The Betty Ford Center is a part of the Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation, the nation’s largest nonprofit treatment provider. With 16 sites in California, Minnesota, Oregon, Illinois, New York, Florida, Massachusetts, Colorado and Texas, the Foundation offers prevention and recovery solutions nationwide and across the entire continuum of care to help youth and adults reclaim their lives from the disease of addiction. We offer individualized addiction treatment for every individual with the length of stay dependent on the patient’s needs.
- Day and evening hours offered, making treatment convenient and accessible
- Major insurances accepted
- Individualized addiction treatment for every individual
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)The focus of cognitive behavioral therapy (also called CBT) is helping people to understand the thoughts and emotions that underlie their addiction with the goal of learning new, healthier and more productive ways to understand and express themselves.
Individualized TreatmentSome facilities have an addiction treatment protocol that all patients or clients are expected to follow, while the Betty Ford Center provides individualized treatment based on the patient’s unique needs and circumstances. Factors that may affect treatment decisions include age, lifestyle, medical conditions, type of drug used, etc. Our programs include day treatment, intensive outpatient and outpatient services.
Meet the Staff
- Matthew Polacheck, PsyD, MAOutpatient Services DirectorMatthew Polacheck, PsyD, MA, is a nationally recognized expert spokesperson on mental health and substance use disorder issues, Matthew Polacheck utilizes his wide breadth of experience and expertise to lead the Betty Ford Center's Outpatient Services as its Director. He has had numerous leadership roles during his 15 years as a clinician, in several settings. Most recently, he was Director of Mental Health for the Center for Discovery. Dr. Polacheck also served as Program Director for multiple adolescent residential facilities, where he worked with an ethnically diverse range of patients using a variety of clinical interventions, and he was instrumental in opening and running a mental health I.O.P. Program. Dr. Polacheck earned a Master of Arts degree in counseling psychology and a Doctor of Psychology (Psy. D.) from The Wright Institute, and he holds an undergraduate degree from the University of Arizona. He is also a certified trauma therapist and substance abuse counselor.
- Romana Zvereva, MDPsychiatristRomana Zvereva, MD, has done her training in Psychiatry and Addiction Psychiatry at Cedars - Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA. She has completed her addiction training at Betty Ford Center Rancho Mirage, where she remained on staff since 2004 until present time. Dr. Zvereva received training in chronic pain management at Cedars Sinai Chronic Pain and Fibromyalgia Clinic as well as Loma Linda Chronic Pain Program. She has performed professional evaluations for the Lawyer’s Assistance Program since 2004 and had participated as a member of Nursing Diversion Board Evaluation Committee for 8 years. Dr. Zvereva has been ASAM certified and received Suboxone waiver in 2002.
- Less than 60%