BoardPrep Recovery Center
2522 West Kennedy Boulevard, Tampa, Florida, 33609
BoardPrep provides addiction treatment for adults with substance abuse disorder. Services include comprehensive assessment, individualized care plans, separate men’s and women’s recovery residences, residential treatment in the client’s own residence for the physically stable, outpatient care, individual and group therapy, 12-Step participation, sobriety coaching, and long-term monitoring and support to encourage lasting recovery.
- Private, affordable treatment for addiction
- Concierge approach with families
- Expertise in Dual Diagnosis
Aftercare SupportAddiction recovery does not end with discharge after completing a rehab program. Facilities that offer aftercare planning and/or support work with patients to ensure sustainable recovery by helping to plan and make arrangements for transitional or sober living, help with housing, vocational counseling, etc.
Individualized TreatmentSome facilities have an addiction treatment protocol that all patients or clients are expected to follow, while others customize or individualize treatment based on a person’s unique needs and circumstances. Factors that may affect treatment decisions include age, lifestyle, medical conditions, type of drug, religious beliefs, etc.
Meet the Staff
- Derek Robben, MDAddiction PsychiatristDr. Robben has dual board-certifications in addiction psychiatry and general psychiatry and completed his addiction fellowship at the University of South Florida. Dr. Robben is the Director of the Addiction Psychiatry Residency Program at USF. He has been published in peer reviewed journals and earned the following awards: Faculty Clinical Teaching Award, Outstanding Resident Teacher, Outstanding Student in Consultation/Liaison Psychiatry, Award for Clinical Excellence in Neuropsychiatry Clerkship, Outstanding Radiology Instructor/Preceptor, U.S. Air Force. Dr. Robben was voted by his peers as the Top Addiction Doctor in Tampa Bay two years running (2016-2017).
- Jamie Fernandez, MDPsychiatristIn addition to her practice at BoardPrep, Dr. Fernandez is the Medical Director of Psychiatric Services at HCA Memorial Hospital of Tampa, providing enhanced linkage with hospital services when needed. She is also an Associate Professor in the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neurosciences at the University Of South Florida Morsani College of Medicine. Well known for her innovative work in treating mood disorders with ECT, Dr. Fernandez is also now an approved provider of the Florida Department of Health for the evaluation and treatment of Florida licensed health practitioners. Dr. Fernandez holds clinic onsite several times per week, as needed for BoardPrep patients. Services include: Detox Vivitrol Sleep management Anxiety management Mood disorders
- Up to 60%