Boca Recovery Center
- Individualized Therapy
- Full Psychological & Medical Assessment Upon Admission
- Relapse Prevention
- Discharge Planning
- Case Management
- Gender Specific Groups
- Detox Planning
- Dual Diagnosis Group Therapy
- Life Skills Education
Animal TherapyAnimal therapy (also called animal-assisted therapy and pet therapy) supports recovery and emotional wellbeing by helping people develop relationships with animals. Animal therapy can be a one-time or ongoing experience.
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)The focus of cognitive behavioral therapy (also called CBT) is helping people to understand the thoughts and emotions that underlie their addiction with the goal of learning new, healthier and more productive ways to understand and express themselves.
Trauma & Associative Awareness Therapy (AAT)Associative Awareness Therapy (AAT) uses the brain’s innate ability to adapt to change in a healing way, essentially “retraining” the brain to respond differently to familiar memories of trauma or pain.
Aftercare SupportAddiction recovery does not end with discharge after completing a rehab program. Facilities that offer aftercare planning and/or support work with patients to ensure sustainable recovery by helping to plan and make arrangements for transitional or sober living, help with housing, vocational counseling, etc.
- Beach Community
- Residential Neighborhood
Meet the Staff
- Dr. Alison Tarlow Psy.DChief Clinical OfficerDr. Alison Tarlow is a Licensed Clinical Psychologist in the States of Florida and Pennsylvania, and a Certified Addictions Professional (CAP). She has been a practicing psychologist for over 15 years. She began her career as a Postdoctoral Resident at The Renfrew Center for Eating Disorders, specializing in the treatment of women’s issues, including Post Traumatic Stress, Borderline Personality Disorder, and Addiction. Dr. Tarlow developed a successful private practice in Boca Raton, Florida, and began consulting for treatment centers and programs throughout the South Florida area. Before joining the clinical team at Boca Recovery Center, Dr. Tarlow was the Clinical Director of an organization for three years, and was responsible for the development of a medical detox facility in Palm Beach, and two substance abuse treatment facilities (in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and Fort Lauderdale, Florida). She has specialized training in a variety of evidenced-based practice, including Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT) and Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT). Dr. Tarlow is also a Supreme Court Certified Family Mediator in the State of Florida, and incorporates this experience into her work with clients and their families. Dr. Tarlow has written numerous articles on the topic of substance abuse treatment for Sober World Magazine, and has presented at conferences and training events throughout the United States.
- Francisco U Cruz, M.D.Medical DirectorFrancisco U Cruz, M.D. is board certified in General Psychiatry and Addiction Medicine. He has been practicing psychiatry for 14 years and has extensive experience treating mental illness and substance use disorders in a variety of settings including inpatient, outpatient, residential, partial hospitalization, intensive outpatient, and detox levels of care. Dr. Cruz believes in a holistic approach to mental illness incorporating bio-psycho-social-spiritual elements to help patients achieve emotional stability and true inner peace. He strives to provide excellent client centered care and use new treatment modalities to improve the quality of life and overall health of his patients.
- Christopher Ferry CNMIFounderChristopher Ferry is a passionate Addiction Recovery Advocate who is based in Boca Raton, Florida. Born and raised in New Jersey, his passion for helping people began early on and it has stayed with him ever since.Growing up, Christopher loved playing Ice hockey and was on his Highschool varsity team. By the time he was 18, he was invited to try out for the USA National Team Development Program (Team USA). Shortly afterward, he walked away from Ice hockey and turned to drugs. For many years, Christopher struggled with a relentless drug addiction and while his drug use was on and off, he went to rehab twice. Within that time, Christopher served as the Co-founder of a Jacksonville-based insurance franchise called We Insure Florida, which he had to step down from in order to return to rehab.As soon as he managed to get sober, Christopher decided to transform his challenging past into a present triumph through helping others who have gone through the same thing. Now four years sober, he is the proud Chief Executive Officer of Boca Recovery Center, a drug and alcohol treatment center. Utilizing his in-depth marketing expertise, he aims to encourage people battling with the disease of addiction to find a positive outlet in the form of drug and alcohol treatment.Additionally, Christopher is Certified National Master Interventionist (C.N.M.I.) and received his certification from the National Association of Drug & Alcohol Interventionists (N.A.D.A.I.). He has also studied marketing and business development extensively. After everything he has endured, Christopher has adopted “Never Say Die” (Never Give Up) as his life-long motto. During his free time, Christopher Ferry enjoys attending sporting events. He also has an avid interest in physical fitness. Most importantly, he loves spending quality time with his family and friends who are like family.
- Up to 90%
Treatment Center Links
Rehabs 360 Guide
ABOUT BOCA RECOVERY CENTER
Located one-half mile from the ocean in Boca Raton, Fla., Boca Recovery Center treats individuals struggling with substance abuse through several levels of care. These include a partial hospitalization program (PHP), intensive outpatient program (IOP), and sober living.
According to its website, the facility prioritizes support for young people, including college students. Detoxification services are not offered on-site, but the facility will make referrals to recommended detox programs. Within the state, Boca Recovery Center is among 24.6 percent of substance abuse treatment facilities that offer a PHP, 43 percent with an IOP, and among 29.2 percent with specially tailored programs for young adults.
TREATMENT & ASSESSMENT
At Boca Recovery Center, the admissions process starts with an assessment, which includes both psychological and medical evaluations. Based on the findings, clients receive customized treatment plans, designed to build on their individual strengths.
As noted, the organization offers two main levels of treatment: PHP and IOP. PHP clients receive a primary therapist, with whom they work with one-on-one and in small groups. As part of the program, they engage in a range of evidence-based modalities, including cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), and trauma-oriented Associative Awareness treatment.
Separate gender-specific and dual diagnosis groups also are offered, along with 12-step facilitation, spirituality groups, life skills training, and case management services. Within the state, Boca Recovery Center is among 53.3 percent of substance abuse treatment facilities to treat clients with co-occurring disorders.
After completing the PHP, clients can step down to the IOP, which helps them transition back to home and community life, and provides treatment, structure, and accountability in the process. IOP clients participate in both individual and group therapy sessions, but for fewer hours than the PHP. This less-robust treatment tract enables clients to focus on securing employment and rebuilding relationships.
Sober living provided by Boca Recovery Center meets the requirements for a recovery residence through accreditation by the Florida Association of Recovery Residences and by the Department of Children and Families. The staff, many of whom are in recovery, provide guidance and support to residents, who continue building a life of sobriety.
Within the state, Boca Recovery Center is among 30.4 percent of substance abuse treatment facilities accredited by the Joint Commission. Treatment team members include certified addiction counselors and certified interventionists, a nurse practitioner, and a psychiatrist. According to information provided by the facility, all clinical therapists hold master's or doctoral degrees.
ACCOMMODATIONS & AMENITIES
Boca Recovery Center provides comfortable, simply decorated living and therapy spaces. Residents are separated by gender and live in shared bedrooms with pillow-top mattresses and a flat screen television. Meals are catered, and residents receive gym memberships to LA Fitness. The center provides transportation to the gym, local 12-step meetings, doctor appointments, as well as between the residences and treatment center. Residents participate in weekly house meetings as well as activities that revolve around sober fun.
WHAT ALUMNI SAY
At the time of this writing, 11 former clients submitted highly positive impressions to Rehabs.com about Boca Recovery Center with the exception of one, who had strictly negative views. Reviewers consistently awarded the top five stars across the major categories of the survey, from treatment effectiveness, accommodations and amenities, and meals and nutrition.
They praised the quality of care, dedicated staff, and attractive surroundings, which combined to help clients achieve their goals. Alum T.C. wrote: “If I had a friend or family member that needed treatment I would send them here." Another reviewer, who echoed much of the same sentiment, underscored the feeling of family that prevails at the facility: “Man, the level of care provided here is phenomenal. It's super nice, super comfortable. Alot of healing. They connect with people on a deep level.”
On secondary sites, Boca Recovery received highly favorable feedback to date: four out of five stars based on 49 reviews on Google, and 4.5 stars based on 49 reviews on Facebook, which the organization may manage.   Reviewers repeatedly praised the staff, care they received, and the life-changing, life-saving results they achieved.
Five-star reviewer Brittany on Google wrote: "I have been to many treatment centers and this place is was different from all the others. I learned so much and was given so much support and love from everyone.” Another five-star reviewer on Google, Nicodemo, echoed this sentiment: “Going to Boca Recovery was the best decision I’ve ever made. With the help from BRC I completely changed my life. The staff is absolutely wonderful."
WHAT FRIENDS & FAMILY SAY
To date, the three loved ones who submitted reviews to Rehabs.com about Boca Recovery Center provided conflicting impressions. Positive reviewer E.L. awarded the facility the maximum five stars across all survey metrics, including affordability, counseling options, facility cleanliness and upkeep, family participation, likelihood to recommend, and staff experience and training. “Compassionate staff members with a strong focus on teaching the patient that it is okay to forgive themselves and to move forward,” E.L. wrote.
On the other end of the spectrum, a loved one wrote: “I would not recommend this facility to anyone. It seems like they want your money and don’t care about the actual patients there and being professional to their families.”
At the time of this writing, Boca Recovery Center accepts numerous private insurance plans, including those from Aetna, BlueCross Blue Shield, Cigna, and United Healthcare. Staff members are available to assist clients in verifying insurance coverage. If needed, through the facility’s arrangement with Prosper Healthcare Lending, qualified clients may receive favorable terms to help pay for treatment.
Recovery.org is a third-party resource for consumers seeking addiction treatment.
We list thousands of treatment providers throughout the U.S., often including alumni and staff ratings and reviews, and Recovery.org 360 Guides that provide valuable information for people making difficult decisions. Recovery.org is not influenced in regards to its ratings or reviews by any treatment center or its sponsors, and we clearly designate advertiser relationships with “Sponsor” or “Ad” or “Advertisement”.