Centra Health - Pathways Recovery Lodge
1770 Earley Farm Road, Amherst, Virginia, 24521
At Pathways, we treat people. We accept people where they are in their unique struggle with addiction. We provide a seamless and comprehensive healing environment. We embrace contemporary, evidenced-based practices. We help patients change their lives with personalized care centered on honesty, respect, and the belief that each person under our care is worthy of our highest effort.
- Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT)
- Group, individual and family therapy
- Motivational interviewing
Intensive Outpatient (IOP)Patients who undergo intensive outpatient treatment continue to live at home and sometimes go to school or work while participating in a highly structured treatment protocol that is focused on ending substance abuse. Programs vary in terms of how much treatment patients receive, how often and for how long. Some facilities design individualized intensive outpatient treatment programs.
Family ProgramResearch shows that the odds of successful, sustained recovery from addiction are far higher when family members and loved ones are involved in treatment. Drug and alcohol addiction often have genetic roots, whether related to substance abuse, mental illness or both. Family dynamics also play a role and, often, family members are the first to realize a loved one has developed an addiction. Also, it’s important for family members to understand and embrace the lifestyle changes that are required to sustain recovery.
Meet the Staff
- Sanket Dhat, MDPsychiatric Medical DirectorAreas of special interest include medication-assisted treatment for persons with substance use disorders. Dr. Dhat completed his Residency and Psychiatry Residency, at Southern Illinois University in Carbondale, IL where he was awarded the Catherine Speedie Memorial Award - "Best amongst the residents for compassion, ethics and integrity." Dr. Dhat sees patients at the Pathways Recovery Lodge as well as at Piedmont Psychiatric Center.
- Louis G. Chi, MD - Internal MedicineHospitalist - Medical Stabilization UnitDr. Chi served his residency at Greenwich Hospital - Yale New Haven Health and received his MD from New York Medical College.