Discovery Point Retreat- Alcohol & Drug Rehab Dallas
- Medical Detox
- Residential Treatment
- PHP, IOP and Outpatient Programs
- Individualized care and attention - your personal comfort and recovery are our highest priorities
- Optional Sober Living
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing), Hypnotherapy and Experiential Therapy
- State of the art therapies to improve the symptoms and stressors that often create barriers to recovery
- Full array of deluxe amenities, pool, fire pit, gym, spa, walking trails
- Addiction Treatment Guarantee
Medical DetoxificationDrugs and alcohol have widespread effects throughout your body, including but not limited to the addiction and/or physical/psychological dependence that develops with substance abuse over time. Many organ systems are affected by addiction and will react to withdrawal. The term “medical detoxification” means that there is a trained and licensed medical professional onsite to monitor your vital signs and protect your physical and emotional health as your body goes through withdrawal.
Family ProgramResearch shows that the odds of successful, sustained recovery from addiction are far higher when family members and loved ones are involved in treatment. Drug and alcohol addiction often have genetic roots, whether related to substance abuse, mental illness or both. Family dynamics also play a role and, often, family members are the first to realize a loved one has developed an addiction. Also, it’s important for family members to understand and embrace the lifestyle changes that are required to sustain recovery.
Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)EMDR is a highly specific, research-validated form of therapy that can help people overcome trauma. With EMDR, a trained practitioner uses bilateral stimulation, eye movement and touch to stimulate parts of the brain as a patient recounts certain experiences and memories as a way to process and move beyond uncomfortable, painful feelings.
Meet the Staff
- Cory NewmanFacility DirectorCory Newman serves as Facility Director for Discovery Point Retreat where he oversees physical maintenance and operations of our facilities and building systems among other projects. He also has a strong background in substance abuse treatment services having worked with Niznik Behavioral Health for four and a half years in several roles including Lead Technician at Harbor Village in Miami, Florida. Cory attended Santa Fe College in Gainesville, Florida where he studied Psychology.
- Greg Powers, LCSWClinical DirectorGreg Powers serves as the Clinical Director for Discovery Point Retreat. Greg holds dual Bachelor degrees in Sociology and Criminal Justice from the University of Texas and completed his education with a Master’s Degree in Social Work from Tulane University in New Orleans. Greg has specialized in the treatment of substance abuse, grief and loss as well as trauma. Greg is certified in EMDR and trauma response and crisis interventions along with a certification in crisis intervention with first responders. Greg started his career as a medical social worker. In this role, Greg worked in a variety of specialties ranging from transplant, cardiology and neonatal intensive care. Greg returned to Texas and began working in the mental health field working with adults and adolescents. Throughout his career Greg has held positions of leadership in both for-profit and non-profit facilities, has served on the Board of Directors for different agencies and continues to be active in the field of academics. Along with his position at Discovery Point Retreat Greg continues to work as a consultant, is in private practice and is a certified clinical supervisor in the field of social work.