- Chiropractic Care
- Music Therapy
- Equine Therapy
- Art Therapy
- Family Constellation Program
Individual TherapyThis term describes one-on-one therapy, in which a patient and trained counselor, social worker, psychologist or psychiatrist meets privately with a patient to discuss challenges related to lifestyle, work, family and romantic relationships that may have contributed to the development of an addiction.
Dual Diagnosis/Co-Occurring Disorders TreatmentThese two terms describe a person who is not only addicted to drugs or alcohol, but also has a mental or emotional illness, such as depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, etc. Facilities that treat patients with dual-diagnosis or co-occurring disorders provide psychiatric treatment in addition to drug and alcohol rehabilitation services.
Holistic TherapyFacilities that offer “holistic therapy” see and treat patients in the context of their entire lives and health status. They treat the “whole person,” not just the addiction.
12-StepThe term “12 Step Program” describes a way to recover from addiction that is based on the model developed by Alcoholics Anonymous. Many drug and alcohol treatment centers base their treatment on 12 steps – the first three of which are situational, the next four addressing the practical issues created by the addiction, followed by two steps focused on making amends for hurting others. Steps 10 and 11 involve a deeper examination of the previous steps and the final step is focused on helping others avoid and recover from addiction.
- Beach Community
Meet the Staff
- Lisa Cordasco, LCADC,LCSW,CCTPPrimary Therapist/ Trauma SpecialistLisa Cordasco is a group and individual therapist at Enlightened Solutions. Lisa has worked with individuals with mental health and addiction issues for the past five years at both the inpatient and outpatient levels of care. Lisa utilizes a variety of therapeutic approaches in her work with clients and pulls from multiple skill sets including motivational interviewing, cognitive behavioral therapy, mindfulness and acceptance based behavioral therapies, such as DBT and ACT, as well as psychodrama and experiential therapies. She is a licensed social worker, who recently completed all requirements toward licensed clinical social worker and is awaiting board approval. Lisa received her Master’s degree in social work from Fordham University in New York, NY. Lisa graduated summa cum laude after studying clinical social work, with a specialization in addictions and a strong focus in trauma informed care. She has recently completed her education and clinical hours toward requirements for her LCADC in New Jersey. This past year, Lisa earned her certification as a clinical trauma professional with the international association for trauma professionals. Lisa is also a person in long term recovery herself and finds it deeply rewarding to help others find their path to personal healing and growth.
- Dr. Charles MeusburgerMedical DirectorCharles E. Meusburger, MD is a graduate of the University of Rome Medical School and completed his residency at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital in Philadelphia, Pa. He is a Board Certified Diplomat of Neurology and Psychiatry and has been a practicing psychiatrist for more than 25 years. A former Department Chairman of Psychiatry, Residency Director and Medical Director for Behavioral Health Services in a large health system, Dr. Meusburger is an independent practitioner specializing in adult and adolescent psychiatry. He takes pride in providing his patients full 60-minute sessions in order to best understand their unique behavioral health needs and individual goals. He is distinguished among his patients for delivering superior clinical skills in a caring, compassionate and deeply sensitive manner. Though Dr. Meusburger has a thriving private practice, he also serves as the psychiatrist for a community mental health program that cares for homeless individuals with intellectual and behavioral disabilities. Dr. Meusburger is a speaker on many topics and a published author of numerous articles on behavioral health conditions and management.
- Robert Snyder, MHS,LCADC, & CCSExecutive Director of Clinical ServicesRobert Snyder has been working in the field of substance abuse for ten years. He has experience in residential and outpatient settings, and has helped a wide variety of people battle addiction, including both adults and adolescents. He received his Master’s degree, LCADC and CCS in 2013. He teaches assessment skills for addiction studies as an adjunct professor at Atlantic Cape Community College. As a person in longterm recovery, Robert is active in his community and has a passion for helping others attain positive change in their lives.
- Jennifer HansenCEOMy addiction took me to places I never imagined. I lived on the streets with a $300-a-day heroin habit. With dark circles under my eyes and track marks along my arms, I felt dead; my soul was gone. At the time, life seemed hopeless. After several attempts at rehabilitation, I finally successfully detoxed at Seabrook House in Seabrook, NJ. I then entered a women's transitional facility in Southern California where, during my 3-month stay, I began to gather the tools I needed to live without drugs. I learned the simple life skills that are necessary to stay clean and obtain serenity in my life. I stayed in California for 2 & 1/2 years while working and participating in 12-step recovery before returning home to NJ. I saw the need for something following the short term treatment that addicts were getting and began to pursue opening some housing for recovering addicts in NJ similar to what I experienced in California. So, here's what happened… 2001 - The Hansen Foundation, Inc. was formed. 2004 - Hansen House for Men opened with 34 bed capacity 2005 - Hansen House for Women opened with 34 bed capacity 2007 - Serenity House for Women opened with 11 beds 2008 - Serenity Meadows for Women opened with 10 beds 2012 - Randy Scarborough House for Men opened with 12 beds 2014 - Serenity Rose House for Women opened with 11 beds 2015 - Serenity Estates opened the first luxury sober living house for Women in NJ 2015 - September 15 - Enlightened Solutions opened with Partial Care, IOP & OP Treatment 2015 - Serenity Estates for Men opened with 14 beds 2015 - Hope Farm opened to the community to provide theraputic equine services I have been drug-free for 20 years and along with continuing to keep recovery my #1 priority, I practice yoga regularly and believe in eating healthy and organic foods. We are what we eat after all and our body is really all we have so we better take good care of it! I am so excited to be able to incorporate all of what I have learned in my recovery for the benefit of those in Enlightened Solutions and all of the Serenity Houses.
- Payment Plans Available
Treatment Center Links
Rehabs 360 Guide
ABOUT ENLIGHTENED SOLUTIONS
From a wooded location near Atlantic City International Airport in southeastern New Jersey, Enlightened Solutions offers medical detox and outpatient care at several intensities for clients struggling with substance misuse or a dual diagnosis. The center focuses on holistic healing methods.
TREATMENT & ASSESSMENT
Treatment at Enlightened Solutions begins with a phone assessment by a trained admissions counselor to determine whether the program is a good fit. Within a few days of starting treatment, clients have a follow-up assessment with a mental health professional, which, together with the intake interview, is used to determine the best course of treatment.
Detox at Enlightened Solutions takes between seven and 14 days and is monitored by medical professionals. Once they've finished detoxing, clients can progress to a partial hospitalization program (PHP), which is offered at 23 percent of New Jersey–based facilities, an intensive outpatient program (IOP), which is offered at 65.4 percent of New Jersey facilities, or standard outpatient care.
Clients in PHP meet six days a week and can be accompanied by a stay in an affiliated supervised home, when necessary, to ensure 24-hour support. IOP clients attend treatment between three and five days a week, in the morning or the evening, depending on their needs and schedules. At all intensities, both co-ed and gender-specific programming is available.
Enlightened Solutions uses the 12-Steps, as well as individual, group, and family therapy, as components of a broad, holistic curriculum. The center's holistic treatment options include yoga, equine therapy, acupuncture, art and music therapy, spiritual care and mentoring, coaching on wellness and nutrition, and family constellation therapy. And as part of its sustainability efforts, the center has a community garden.
There's also a dedicated track, which draws from the principles of Seeking Safety and dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), for individuals dealing with trauma, positioning the center among the 46.2 percent of New Jersey facilities that offer programming for individuals who have experienced trauma. Graduating clients are encouraged to join the alumni network, which holds regular events.
The treatment team at Enlightened Solutions includes a board-certified psychiatrist, a licensed clinical social worker, and certified addiction counselors, many of whom are in recovery themselves. All three of the individuals polled by Rehabs.com to date on the staff’s level of training and experience gave it five out of five stars.
WHAT ALUMNI SAY
Alumni polled by Rehabs.com gave mostly positive feedback, with a few notes of complaint. The two alumni polled on the facility's offerings in 15 metrics — such as family participation, holistic offerings, counseling options, and the ability to treat co-occurring disorders — gave the center unanimous five-star ratings. And in their written commentary, alumni repeatedly noted that they had attended several facilities and Enlightened Solutions was the best while praising the center's staff.
"I’ve been to 15 treatments by far this is the best one in New Jersey Pennsylvania area," Steve wrote in one representative comment; "I knew that they truly cared about my problem, and they were dedicated to getting to the root of it all. I learned things about myself that I never knew," J.F. added in another.
However, there were also repeated complaints about the food, as well as difficulty accessing or communicating with clinicians.
The center also has mostly positive feedback on secondary sites at the time of this writing, with average ratings of 4.8 out of five stars based on 33 reviews on Google and 4.7 stars based on 39 opinions on Facebook, plus a one-star rating and a five-star rating on Yelp.   The reviewers repeatedly praised the center's staff and holistic approach: "Their staff is caring and compassionate. What separates Enlightened from other programs is that they bring their holistic approach to every part of their program," Becca wrote in a typical comment on Google.
WHAT FAMILY & FRIENDS SAY
The single loved one polled by Rehabs.com to date gave negative feedback. "I felt that they were not upfront about the cost with us," E.T. wrote, giving the facility one star for its treatment effectiveness and noting that they withdrew their son from treatment.
WHAT STAFF SAY
All three employees polled by Rehabs.com to date gave positive feedback. The two reviewers polled on the facility’s offerings in a variety of treatment metrics gave five-star ratings for the center's holistic options, family program, and treatment for co-occurring disorders. And in their written commentary, all three staff praised their coworkers. “Excellent Staff who are knowledgeable , friendly, and readily available to all client's and clients family members,” one staff member wrote, while another added: “I have never been around more passionate clinicians or people in general who truly care about each individual coming through the door.”
Enlightened Solutions accepts all major private insurance plans on an out-of-network basis, as well as self-pay. All three of the individuals polled by Rehabs.com to date on the center’s affordability gave it five out of five stars.
Recovery.org is a third-party resource for consumers seeking addiction treatment.
We list thousands of treatment providers throughout the U.S., often including alumni and staff ratings and reviews, and Recovery.org 360 Guides that provide valuable information for people making difficult decisions. Recovery.org is not influenced in regards to its ratings or reviews by any treatment center or its sponsors, and we clearly designate advertiser relationships with “Sponsor” or “Ad” or “Advertisement”.