Enlightened Solutions Detox
- 26-Bed Facility
- 3:1 Staff to Client Ratio
- Personalized Meals to Dietary/Nutrition Preferences
- Medical Service
- Group Counseling Services
- Didactic counseling sessions
- Introduction to self-help groups, peer recovery support
- Discharge Planning
- Specialist, aftercare and alumni services
Medical DetoxificationDrugs and alcohol have widespread effects throughout your body, including but not limited to the addiction and/or physical/psychological dependence that develops with substance abuse over time. Many organ systems are affected by addiction and will react to withdrawal. The term “medical detoxification” means that there is a trained and licensed medical professional onsite to monitor your vital signs and protect your physical and emotional health as your body goes through withdrawal.
DetoxThough not all rehab facilities offer “medical detoxification,” all people with an addiction to drugs or alcohol will experience intense physical and emotional changes and discomfort as their bodies react to withdrawal of the addictive substance. Many people use the term “detox” to refer to the period of time (ranging from a few days to a week) when the body is reacting to an addict’s decision to stop using.
Individualized TreatmentSome facilities have an addiction treatment protocol that all patients or clients are expected to follow, while others customize or individualize treatment based on a person’s unique needs and circumstances. Factors that may affect treatment decisions include age, lifestyle, medical conditions, type of drug, religious beliefs, etc.
12-StepThe term “12 Step Program” describes a way to recover from addiction that is based on the model developed by Alcoholics Anonymous. Many drug and alcohol treatment centers base their treatment on 12 steps – the first three of which are situational, the next four addressing the practical issues created by the addiction, followed by two steps focused on making amends for hurting others. Steps 10 and 11 involve a deeper examination of the previous steps and the final step is focused on helping others avoid and recover from addiction.
Holistic TherapyFacilities that offer “holistic therapy” see and treat patients in the context of their entire lives and health status. They treat the “whole person,” not just the addiction.
Aftercare SupportAddiction recovery does not end with discharge after completing a rehab program. Facilities that offer aftercare planning and/or support work with patients to ensure sustainable recovery by helping to plan and make arrangements for transitional or sober living, help with housing, vocational counseling, etc.
Individual TherapyThis term describes one-on-one therapy, in which a patient and trained counselor, social worker, psychologist or psychiatrist meets privately with a patient to discuss challenges related to lifestyle, work, family and romantic relationships that may have contributed to the development of an addiction.
- Beach Community
Meet the Staff
- Melissa AngeloExecutive DirectorMelissa Angelo brings 16 years of experience in the treatment industry to Enlightened Solutions Detox. Her experience encompasses a multitude of modalities, including Adolescent and Adult Residential Treatment, Partial Care, Intensive Out Patient and Out Patient Services. Melissa started in the field as a Behavioral Health Technician and continued to advance in her education and career, becoming a Clinical Director. Melissa has a clinical, operational and business mind, giving Enlightened Solutions Detox excellent leadership. Melissa received her Addiction Counseling Certificate from Atlantic Cape Community College and a Bachelor's Degree in Human Services, specializing in Addiction Counseling from Springfield College. She is credentialed in the state of NJ holding a CADC and Florida holding a CAP as well as an International Certificate for Alcohol and Drug Counseling. Melissa began her own journey in recovery over 17 years ago, allowing for both personal and professional experience. Melissa is passionate about guiding others in their recovery process utilizing both a clinical and a holistic approach that incorporates healing through nutrition, clinical, medical and holistic approaches.
- Less than 60%
Treatment Center Links
Rehabs 360 Guide
ABOUT ENLIGHTENED SOLUTIONS DETOX
Located in Atlantic City, N.J., Enlightened Solutions Detox offers medical detox, which only 28 (7.5 percent) treatment centers in New Jersey provide. Clients typically stay in treatment between five and seven days.
According to Enlightened Solutions Detox's Facebook page, its missions is: "Helping the addict recover the mind, body and spirit through a holistic approach and 12-Step philosophy."
TREATMENT & ASSESSMENT
According to Enlightened Solutions Detox's website, to start treatment, each client is assessed and placed on a designated detox protocol. Individuals are given comfort medications as symptoms arise.
The treatment center offers medical detox that is client-centered and holistic. During detox, programming includes medical services, group counseling sessions, didactic counseling sessions, individual counseling, family sessions, introduction to self-help groups, nutritional food education, and peer recovery support.
Clients also participate in holistic and therapeutic interventions such as yoga, Reiki, massage therapy, expressive and creative arts, and acupuncture. The center's goal is to create hope and develop a treatment plan and aftercare plan that supports long-term recovery.
Enlightened Solutions Detox's website notes the treatment team includes counselors, physicians, nurse practitioners, and nurses.
ACCOMMODATION & AMENITIES
Enlightened Solutions Detox is a 26-bed facility, and its website notes clients should bring seven changes of clothes, toiletries that don't contain alcohol, and a device to play music on.
Rehabs.com has yet to receive any reviews from this facility’s former clients, loved ones, or staffers. However, the 34 people to leave a review on Enlightened Solutions' Facebook page, which it can manage, gave an average of 4.9 out of five stars. Reviewers also provided positive commentary including praise for the kind treatment staff and the effectiveness of the treatment programs. 
"Best treatment center in the world. Saved my life and I am forever grateful for their caring supportive staff," Adam wrote in a representative review on Facebook. "Enlightened Sollutions goes above and beyond..."
The one person to leave a Google Review for the treatment center gave five out of five stars and no commentary. 
According to Enlightened Solutions' website, it accepts most insurance plans, and about 63 percent of all treatment centers in New Jersey accept insurance.
Recovery.org is a third-party resource for consumers seeking addiction treatment.
We list thousands of treatment providers throughout the U.S., often including alumni and staff ratings and reviews, and Recovery.org 360 Guides that provide valuable information for people making difficult decisions. Recovery.org is not influenced in regards to its ratings or reviews by any treatment center or its sponsors, and we clearly designate advertiser relationships with “Sponsor” or “Ad” or “Advertisement”.