Excel Treatment Outpatient
58 North Sussex Street, Dover, New Jersey, 07801
To provide excellence in outpatient substance use treatment using strong clinical, psychiatric and family support services. We accomplish this by engaging clients in a compassionate recovery community that helps them Excel in Life. Our purpose is not to keep you as a client indefinitely. We want to provide you and your family with the tools you need to stay sober, based on your unique needs and those of your family. Treatment must be collaborative for it to be effective. At Excel, the client is a partner in treatment every step of the way. Clients work hand in hand with our multi-disciplinary team to develop a treatment plan that will work best for them.
- Joint Commission Accredited
- Medication Assisted Therapy
- Trauma Therapy
Individualized TreatmentSome facilities have an addiction treatment protocol that all patients or clients are expected to follow, while others customize or individualize treatment based on a person’s unique needs and circumstances. Factors that may affect treatment decisions include age, lifestyle, medical conditions, type of drug, religious beliefs, etc.
Dual Diagnosis/ Co-Occurring Disorders TreatmentThese two terms describe a person who is not only addicted to drugs or alcohol, but also has a mental or emotional illness, such as depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, etc. Facilities that treat patients with dual-diagnosis or co-occurring disorders provide psychiatric treatment in addition to drug and alcohol rehabilitation services.
- Average Location/Amenities
Meet the Staff
- Gershon WeissClinical Director LPC, LCADCGershon has been managing substance use disorder treatment programs for over 25 years. He has deep experience in integrating treatment of co-occurring disorders, trauma, gender-specific issues and anger management into drug and alcohol treatment. Gershon has provided clinical leadership in residential, outpatient and prevention programs. He directed a residential mother/child program for 7 years as well as an IOP for substance use disorders in an outpatient psychiatric setting for 7 years. Gershon’s philosophy of treatment is a person-centered collaboration between client and program, a therapeutic alliance that promotes personal responsibility in the client and emotional support by the program. Clients are viewed as individuals with their own strengths who may need to negotiate developmental challenges or social skill deficits in order to meet their own goals for a satisfying life. Gershon believes in being personally available to patients and their approved collaterals.
- Jodi WestonTherapist MSW, LCSWJodi Weston is Excel Treatment Center’s dual diagnosis clinician. Jodi specializes in the treatment of substance use disorders and mental health disorders, holding a master’s degree in Social Work with an Addiction Studies concentration from Rutgers University. She chose this specialty because she identified a stigma and gap in service for people who had addiction and mental health issues. Jodi has worked extensively with adults, adolescents, families and couples within the mental health and substance abuse treatment system.
- Financing Available