Focus Treatment Centers
7249 Shallowford Road, Chattanooga, Tennessee, 37421
Focus Treatment Centers offer compassionate, comprehensive and affordable treatment and advocacy for adults struggling with substance use and eating disorders. Our therapeutic and philosophical framework utilizes Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) to support our patients in achieving long-lasting behavior changes based on acceptance and mindfulness practices. We also engage our patients in intensive shame reduction and self-compassion work as well as trauma therapy grounded in attachment theory and movement therapy.
- Daily movement: gym access, yoga, mindful walks, dance therapy
- Weekly nutritionist on-site and professional chef
- Whole-person care approach and experssive therapies including art therapy and dance/ movement therapy
Individualized TreatmentSome facilities have an addiction treatment protocol that all patients or clients are expected to follow, while others customize or individualize treatment based on a person’s unique needs and circumstances. Factors that may affect treatment decisions include age, lifestyle, medical conditions, type of drug, religious beliefs, etc.
Aftercare SupportAddiction recovery does not end with discharge after completing a rehab program. Facilities that offer aftercare planning and/or support work with patients to ensure sustainable recovery by helping to plan and make arrangements for transitional or sober living, help with housing, vocational counseling, etc.
- Residential Neighborhood
Meet the Staff
- Mark Peterson, MDMedical DirectorDr. Peterson is a 1974 graduate of Northwestern University Medical School. He is a member of the American Society of Addiction Medicine. He is Board Certified in both Psychiatry and Addiction Medicine and has over 30 years of experience in the field of Psychiatry/Addiction and Eating Disorders.
- Blake DeFoorCEOBlake is a native of Chattanooga and graduated from the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga. He has always had a heart for helping people in need. Blake has been working in various roles at Focus since 2006.