Huntington Creek Recovery Center
890 Bethel Hill Road, Shickshinny, Pennsylvania, 18655
Clearbrook Lodge is a private, not-for-profit, sub-acute, freestanding Adolescent Inpatient Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Center serving PA, NY, NJ, CT, and the Northeast. This co-ed facility admits patients who are between 13 and 18 years old, and have sufficient hearing, speech, and verbal skills to effectively participate in the therapy offered. These candidates must be ambulatory and without psychiatric disorders which would prohibit their benefiting from the therapy, or would serve as an obstacle to other patients personal safety and recovery efforts.
- Ropes Course - High and low ropse course used to help reinforce 12 step principles. Wether dependant.
- Massage Therapy - assist the patient in becoming more pliable during detox
- Biosound Feedback - Helps with de-escalation of agitation, sleep and anxiety issues
Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)EMDR is a highly specific, research-validated form of therapy that can help people overcome traumatic stress, anxiety and depression. With EMDR, a trained practitioner uses bilateral stimulation, eye movement and touch to stimulate parts of the brain as a patient recounts certain experiences and memories as a way to more thoroughly process uncomfortable, painful feelings.
Medical DetoxificationDrugs and alcohol have widespread effects throughout your body, including but not limited to the addiction and/or physical/psychological dependence that develops with substance abuse over time. Many organ systems are affected by addiction and will react to withdrawal. The term “medical detoxification” means that there is a trained and licensed medical professional onsite to monitor your vital signs and protect your physical and emotional health as your body goes through withdrawal.
Meet the Staff
- Stephanie Fischer, MSW, CCSClinical DirectorStephanie Fischer received a Master’s degree in Social Work from Temple University. She has dedicated her life to helping of others. Stephanie is an accomplished clinician and clinical director with over a decade of service to Clearbrook Lodge and the recovering community as a whole. She is adept at communicating the principles and philosophies of recovery. Her ability to diversify her approach to meet patient needs, while holding true to the message, is an asset to the clinical team and the patients alike.
- Robert Norris, BS, CADC, CCSExecutive DirectorRobert Norris has extensive experience in leadership and administration in the chemical dependency field. As Clearbrook Lodge’s Executive director, Robert is responsible for overseeing all departments, programs and operations within the facility. He is a dedicated leader who has a reputation of making our patients a priority. Throughout the years, Robert has worked in a variety of facets within the substance abuse field, which gives him a comprehensive understanding of how each department plays a crucial role in providing the absolute best quality of care for individuals and families that are suffering from substance abuse. His deep compassion for patient care, combined with his enthusiasm toward recovery, brings a unique ability to motivate and inspire staff, and patients alike.