Knoxville Recovery Center & Detox
- Medical Detox
- Mental Health Treatment
- Addiction Treatment
- Therapeutic Nutrition Program
- Red Light Therapy
- Average Location/Amenities
Meet the Staff
- Vern EleazerClinical DirectiorVernetta received her Master of Science degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling at Western Carolina University in 2014, and she also holds a MA in History and a BA in Theatre Arts. She is trained in Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and uses ACT to help clients decrease their suffering and move in the direction of their values. She is passionate about the effectiveness of Experiential Therapy and has witnessed clients accessing underlying issues with the aid of creative approaches. She believes in the power and influence of the group process and its ability to propel clients into committed action through the solace of connection. Vernetta has 13 experience as the director of Substance Use Disorder Treatment programs and brings creativity, heart, and excitement to treatment program designing.
- Kristen SmithOperations ManagerI was born and raised in New Jersey and spent the last 14 years in South Florida before moving to Asheville in 2019 and now Knoxville, TN with my beloved dog Charlie. Because I am passionate about recovery and helping others, I have been working in the treatment industry since 2009. I am a certified alcohol and drug counselor and have been doing that for the last 2 years since leaving my position as Director of Operations of a program in Florida. I am also a full-time student pursuing my degree in human services. I know that working in this field is my purpose and love being a part of and developing a new program.
- Dr. Brady SchroerPsychiatristDr. Brady Schroer obtained his Bachelor of Science in Biopsychology with an emphasis in Chemistry. He attended medical school at Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences. After medical school, he completed his general psychiatry residency at an internationally known psychiatric clinic. Dr. Schroer later worked in a large hospital setting for five years as a psychiatric hospitalist taking care of geriatric patients, caring for patients with psychiatric issues on the medical floors and ICU (intensive care units), detoxifying clients from alcohol and benzodiazepines, ECT treatment for depression, and served as Medical Director and Chief of Psychiatry.