Malibu Beach Recovery Centers
23823 Malibu Road #50-386, Malibu, California, 90265
At Malibu Beach Recovery Centers, each client benefits from a highly personalized recovery plan developed by our expert, multidisciplinary team of medical professionals. Our integrative approach combines evidence-based addiction treatment with complementary holistic therapies designed to heal mind, body, and spirit and encourage an overall healthy lifestyle, free of the influence of drugs and alcohol.
- We focus on Dialectical Behavioral Therapy at the women's house for those who struggle with overwhelming emotions
- A RiverMend Health recovery program
- Programs designed specifically to repair the brain's reward system in chemically dependent and alcoholic adults
Gender Specific Residential TreatmentOur gender-specific programs, including Corral Canyon House for men and Latigo House for women, are tailored to meet the needs of each gender. Both residences offer compassionate and experienced staff, individualized care and serene, homelike settings that promote physical and mental well-being. Meals are provided by our on-site chefs, who use fresh, wholesome ingredients to prepare satisfying meals that help alleviate cravings and repair the nutritional deficits that can occur due to drug and alcohol use.
DetoxWe provide compassionate, medically supervised detox from alcohol, drugs and pain medication at the Brentwood House. Our experienced detox specialists are available 24/7 to ensure that clients are safe and comfortable, while a physician who specializes in addiction medicine sees clients daily. Detox may include medication and holistic therapies to alleviate withdrawal symptoms.
Meet the Staff
- Melissa Smith, LCSWClinical DirectorAs Clinical Director, Melissa Smith leads clinical programming for Malibu Beach Recovery Centers. Smith is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) who oversees clinical services, provides supervision and training for a multidisciplinary team, conducts assessments, maintains the highest standards of care, and develops new treatment programs at MBRC’s detox, residential and intensive outpatient centers. Melissa received a bachelor’s degree in psychology from Fairfield University in Fairfield, CT, and went on to receive her Master of Social Work from the University of Southern California School of Social Work in Los Angeles, with a primary focus in mental health and substance abuse. She has been a part of the addiction and co-occurring mental health treatment field in California since 2006. Her experience includes providing case management as well as individual, group and family therapy at all levels of substance abuse treatment. Melissa began her career in addiction and mental health treatment as a college student working in a psychiatric hospital which housed a child and adolescent psychiatric unit, adult psychiatric/severe persistent mental illness unit, and detoxification unit. Throughout her studies at USC, she interned as a case manager on Skid Row in Downtown Los Angeles and as a children’s therapist at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles. She then transitioned into working as a residential counselor and intake coordinator at dual diagnosis residential treatment facilities in Los Angeles, Malibu, and San Francisco. She has served as a case manager for an aftercare program and as a primary therapist within residential, partial hospitalization, and intensive outpatient programs. Smith has also done extensive work as a facilitator of group and family therapy. She has expertise in the clinical areas of substance abuse and co-occurring disorders as well as coordination of continuing care, program and business development, documentation, and community outreach. Her most recent position was program director and interim clinical director for Haven House Addiction Treatment in Los Angeles, where she assisted in the development of all clinical programs. Melissa supported program development from a clinical, program, and operations perspective, and as a program and clinical lead, developed comprehensive treatment and discharge plans, conducted biopsychosocial assessments, collaborated with a multidisciplinary team and outside service providers, facilitated groups and provided individual therapy and case management for dual diagnosis patients across all levels of care.
- Jordan AronoffExecutive DirectorJordan Aronoff is Executive Director of Malibu Beach Recovery Centers. He is responsible for overseeing operations at MBRC’s medically supervised detox, residential and outpatient centers, as well as developing partnerships with the recovery community. Aronoff’s role includes leading quality improvement initiatives, collaborating with multidisciplinary teams and developing strategic plans to allow MBRC to continue to best serve clients in need of recovery services for drug and alcohol addiction. Prior to joining Malibu Beach Recovery Centers, Aronoff was chief operating officer and program director at an addiction treatment center in Los Angeles. With over eight years of leadership experience, he was instrumental in expanding the levels of care available to clients, building the center from sober living-only to one offering a full continuum of residential and outpatient care. Aronoff graduated with honors from University of Arizona with a bachelor’s degree in behavioral sciences. Before entering the addiction treatment field, he worked as a consultant in the entertainment industry.
- Financing Available