Meridian Health Services
1255 N. Oakland Blvd, Waterford, Michigan, 48327
Meridian Health Services provides evidence-based treatment to individuals struggling with addiction in order to provide the highest quality, most effective care available. Specializing in co-occurring psychiatric and addiction services, Meridian Health aims to address each individual’s unique behavioral condition and work with clients to create positive solutions for enduring recovery.
- Wellness, Relaxation, Exercise and Recreational Activities
- Family Programming to Support Families of Addicts
- Group Meetings for Mental Health, Anger Management, Grief, Trauma and Co-Occurring Disorders
Family ProgramResearch shows that the odds of successful, sustained recovery from addiction are far higher when family members and loved ones are involved in treatment. Drug and alcohol addiction often have genetic roots, whether related to substance abuse, mental illness or both. Family dynamics also play a role and, often, family members are the first to realize a loved one has developed an addiction. Also, it’s important for family members to understand and embrace the lifestyle changes that are required to sustain recovery.
Dual Diagnosis/ Co-Occurring Disorders TreatmentThese two terms describe a person who is not only addicted to drugs or alcohol, but also has a mental or emotional illness, such as depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, etc. Facilities that treat patients with dual-diagnosis or co-occurring disorders provide psychiatric treatment in addition to drug and alcohol rehabilitation services.
Meet the Staff
- Diane Morris, MDDoctorDr. Morris has been with Meridian Health Services since 2008. She received her PhMD from the University of Alabama School of Medicine in 1986. Dr. Morris participated in two post-graduate residencies in internal medicine, one at the Allegheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh, PA, and one at the Detroit Medical Center in Detroit, MI. Dr. Morris sits on the State of Michigan Drug Utilization Board. Dr. Morris also operates a private medical practice.
- Megan Aubin, BA, RNMedical Services ManageMegan Aubin has been with Meridian Health Services since 2007. Megan is the Medical Services Manager, and oversees all medical needs and patient care at Meridian Health Services. She earned her BA in Health Studies from Michigan State University in 2007, and became an RN in 2010. Megan has clinical experience through the Detroit Medical Center. She is currently pursuing her Master’s Degree in Nursing at Oakland University.