Mount Sinai West - Addiction Institute of Mount Sinai
1000 Tenth Avenue, New York, New York, 11570
A comprehensive treatment center with over 40-years experience providing treatment, training and research, the Addiction Institute of New York is a Division of the Department of Psychiatry at St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital Center, and is affiliated with the Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons. The Institute’s outpatient program is comprised of separate yet integrated treatment components that range from low intensity to very high intensity services. The inpatient program features a flexible length-of-stay program for those who need an intensive, residential treatment experience. The Institute features state-of-the-art addiction treatment methods provided in a supportive atmosphere by a multidisciplinary team of experienced clinicians.
- Intensive Relapse Prevention Training
- Special Issues Groups (AIDS, Bereavement, Loss, Spirituality, Vocational Rehabilitation)
- Exercise Program / Nutritional Counseling
Dual Diagnosis/ Co-Occurring Disorders TreatmentThese two terms describe a person who is not only addicted to drugs or alcohol, but also has a mental or emotional illness, such as depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, etc. Facilities that treat patients with dual-diagnosis or co-occurring disorders provide psychiatric treatment in addition to drug and alcohol rehabilitation services.
Medical DetoxificationDrugs and alcohol have widespread effects throughout your body, including but not limited to the addiction and/or physical/psychological dependence that develops with substance abuse over time. Many organ systems are affected by addiction and will react to withdrawal. The term “medical detoxification” means that there is a trained and licensed medical professional onsite to monitor your vital signs and protect your physical and emotional health as your body goes through withdrawal.
- Residential Neighborhood
Meet the Staff
- Abigail J. Herron, DO Medical Director, Trinity House Director, Fellowship in Addiction Medicine Acting Medical Director, Addiction Institute of New York Instructor in Clinical Psychiatry, Columbia University College of Physicians & Surgeons
- Deborah Haller, PhDClinical Research Program Director
- Financing Available