Palmetto Addiction Recovery Center
86 Palmetto Road, Rayville, Louisiana, 71269
Palmetto Addiction Recovery Center has been helping people recover from addiction for more than 20 years. Our team of caring professionals share over 250 years of experience in breaking the cycle of this devastating, chronic disease. We believe recovery must occur in three areas: physical, emotional and spiritual. Our program is designed to address all three of these key areas from day one. Our facilities and staff provide an environment that encourages a return to basic living skills, development of non-addictive coping skills, recognition of character defects, development of a non self-centered way of living, and a spiritual approach to life.
- Thorough evaluations and individual treatment plans
- Bringing hope and lasting recovery to individuals and families since 1993
- Palmetto offers a full continuum of care with treatment that is both effective and cost efficient
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)The focus of cognitive behavioral therapy (also called CBT) is helping people to understand the thoughts and emotions that underlie their addiction with the goal of learning new, healthier and more productive ways to understand and express themselves.
Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)EMDR is a highly specific, research-validated form of therapy that can help people overcome traumatic stress, anxiety and depression. With EMDR, a trained practitioner uses bilateral stimulation, eye movement and touch to stimulate parts of the brain as a patient recounts certain experiences and memories as a way to more thoroughly process uncomfortable, painful feelings.
Meet the Staff
- Jay Weiss, MD, ASAM, PsychiatristMedical DirectorJay Weiss, MD, is a graduate of University of Arkansas College of Medicine. He completed his residency in Psychiatry while serving in the United States Air Force for a total of 30 years. Dr. Weiss is ASAM certified (2005) and is board certified in Geriatrics (1994), Addictions/Substance Abuse (1995), and Psychiatry (1991). He is a member of both the AMA and APA associations. His speaking engagements include the FAA conference on Aviation Psychiatry, USAF on Combat Psychiatry and Celestial Navigation. Dr. Weiss believes that staff interaction on both a professional and personal level makes Palmetto an exceptional place for treatment. He gives lectures throughout the country. He is affiliated with the FAA. He has been at Palmetto 15 years.
- Phillip Ables, M.ED., LPCProgram DirectorPhillip is a graduate of the University of Louisiana at Monroe (ULM) with a Bachelor’s in Psychology and a Master’s in Professional Counseling. A Licensed Professional Counselor (#253) for over 22 years, he has worked with individuals, couples and families; patients suffering chronic illness, and individuals with developmental disabilities. Phillip’s counseling is based on cognitive-behavioral therapy. “I will listen to what you say, but I will believe what you do.” No addict will every get better without taking that first step, and asking for help.