Pathway to Hope
- Safety and Relaxation
- Nutrition and Wellness
- Focus on Mental and Physical Needs
- Offsite Meetings
Alcohol TreatmentWith soaring alcohol rates plaguing the country, our alcohol treatment program can help you break the chains of alcohol addiction.
Drug TreatmentOur drug treatment program is nationally known to effectively stop drug abuse and addiction at its source while preparing you for recovery.
Substance Abuse Case ManagementWe have some of the nation’s best and brightest professionals, and our substance abuse case management staff will help you throughout the treatment process.
Relapse Prevention & Long-Term RecoveryOur relapse prevention and long-term recovery programs were created to protect you in recovery. Our experts will sit with you and create a relapse prevention plan.
Dual-Diagnosis TreatmentUnfortunately, people with undiagnosed mental health issues commonly abuse alcohol and drugs. Our dual-diagnosis program can help bring you relief.
AlumniPathway to Hope's alumni group is the most active in all of Fort Lauderdale. Join the alumni and protect yourself from relapsing.
- Residential Neighborhood
- Average Location/Amenities
Meet the Staff
- Jeff SmithBA, CAP, Executive DirectorJeff graduated from Keiser University with a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology. Smith is also a Certified Addiction Professional, certified by the state of Florida. He has a passion for helping others find happiness and a new way of life through long-term recovery from drugs and alcohol. Throughout his years in the addiction treatment field, Smith has served as a Residential Manager, Substance Abuse Case Manager, Director of Administration, as well as multiple clinical positions, including Lead Therapist, at Pathway to Hope. As Program Coordinator, Smith assures that the program continues to fulfill Pathway to Hope’s goal of recovery and health for the clients and families.
- Antonio De FilippoMD, Medical DirectorDr. De Filippo is triple board certified in Psychiatry, Psychosomatic Medicine, and Addiction Medicine and is currently practicing in Broward County, Florida. He is active in many areas of the medical industry and is experienced in both treatment and management. He has extensive experience in the pharmaceutical industry as a consultant and national speaker to the world’s largest pharmaceutical corporations. Dr. De Filippo began his career as a double major at the University of Miami, where he achieved a Bachelor’s degree in Science with honors. He continued his academic career at the University of South Florida, where he earned his medical degree. He returned to Miami to complete his residency training at the University of Miami’s Jackson Memorial Hospital. Dr. De Filippo currently is an adjunct professor of psychopharmacology at Nova University Medical School. He is fluent in English, Italian, and Spanish.
- Shannon NuñezMA, Clinical DirectorShannon Nuñez received her Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology at Trinity International University. Nuñez is currently working toward her Florida Licensure as a Mental Health Counselor and Certified Addictions Professional. She has worked as a Primary Clinician in the field of addiction and co-occurring mental health issues since 2008 and has a genuine passion for this population. Nuñez believes that a therapeutic relationship can lead to insights and lasting changes with the client and, therefore, she offers an environment that is safe and free of judgment to help the client develop a healthier view of the world and of themselves. Nuñez provides structure with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy by helping individuals become aware of inaccurate or negative thinking patterns. She uses a direct and empowering approach to confront deep-rooted issues in order for the client to rebuild. Nuñez believes in her clients until they are able to fully believe in themselves.
- Devin WalshCAC, Program DirectorDevin has been working in substance abuse treatment since 2009. He began as a Behavioral Health Technician (BHT) in a detoxification center in North Miami. It was there that he learned the essentials about dedicated and compassionate client care. After 15 months as a BHT, Walsh transitioned to his new position as Admission Coordinator for a nationally recognized substance abuse treatment organization, where he helped countless people overcome their fears and take that vital first step toward recovery. It was during this time that Walsh completed the necessary courses for his degree as a Certified Addictions Counselor. He joined Pathway to Hope in April 2013 and is happy to say that the past months have been the most rewarding since he started working in this field.
- Financing Available
Treatment Center Links
Rehabs 360 Guide
ABOUT PATHWAY TO HOPE
Located in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., Pathway to Hope has provided a full continuum of substance abuse treatment services since it was first established in 2012. Pathway offers a range of substance abuse treatment plans. The facility is also one of the 362 (50.6 percent) specifically-tailored programs for individuals with co-occurring mental health disorders in the state.
Recovery paths include residential care, intensive outpatient programs (IOPs), and outpatient treatment programs, as well substance use case management and relapse monitoring services (provided by 680 treatment facilities in the state). Drug testing is also offered and integrated into treatment plans.
TREATMENT & ASSESSMENT
Upon admission, all clients undergo a comprehensive evaluation that’s used to determine the most appropriate course of treatment. Depending on each client’s unique needs, they may be placed in residential, IOP, or outpatient treatment.
Treatment options utilize 12-step principles to focus on addressing key substance abuse triggers in clients’ lives. Therapy in individual, group and family sessions are all used involving cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) to address the underlying influences of addiction, and to establish stronger support networks for clients. Recreational therapy is also used to support holistic health. Clients are encouraged to participate in spiritual counseling, yoga, and meditation to supplement therapy sessions.
In addition, Pathway to Hope provides a supportive alumni program for those who complete treatment, as well as case management services for all clients. This includes helping clients establish connections in the community and establish routines for healthy sober living.
According to the facility’s website, the treatment team consists of physicians, psychotherapists, nurses, certified alcohol counselors, therapists, case managers, and a nutritionist. In Florida, 98.4 percent of substance abuse treatment facilities have continuing education requirements for staff.
The sole loved one polled by Rehabs.com on the staff's level of training and experience awarded five out of five stars, while one alum polled gave just one out of five stars for this category.
ACCOMMODATIONS & AMENITIES
Pathway to Hope offers apartment-style housing options that are on or are adjacent to beaches. All apartments shown on the website appear to have modern designs. Apartments seem to be set up for single occupants with a kitchen space as well as living spaces. The facility also offers large group counseling rooms for group therapy sessions. Of the four individuals polled by Rehabs.com to date, two individuals polled on the facility's cleanliness gave polarized ratings of four stars and one star for this survey metric, respectively.
WHAT ALUMNI SAY
The three former clients polled by Rehabs.com to date shared highly differing opinions. Two alumni gave the facility four- and five-star ratings for the facility's overall effectiveness. Changed my life," alum Adam wrote, while an anonymous client described staff members as "Compassionate and understanding."
However, alum D.R. reported a highly negative experience at this facility, providing a one out of five-star rating for nearly every surveyed category, including the facility's holistic offerings, its staff support, and the level of experience and training of staff.
“They didn't provide me with any support ,’tools’, or information. They belittled me and made me fell worthless,”D.R. wrote.
On Google, 19 individuals have produced an average rating of 4.4 out of five stars, generally praising the facility. Many alumni shared stories about attending Pathway and remaining sober. In a representative review, former client B.J. wrote, "My clinician/therapist had wisdom and experience beyond her years and truly cared about my success." A few individuals acknowledged that the facility appeared to be different in person than in the brochure, but some of these comments indicated that this had no impact on the quality of the treatment.
Similarly on Yelp, four reviewers praised the program and the staff alike, and produced a high, 4.5 out of five-star average rating. "This is a facility that is committed to success of their clients," B.L. commented. Contrastingly, in the "unrecommended" review section of Yelp, two dissatisfied individuals critiqued the facility's false advertising and difficulty scheduling appointments.
The sole YellowPages.com user to date echoed the typical, positive reinforcement of this facility, writing, "Pathway has some pretty awesome people. They really care about you and make you feel like #1 in the world" and giving five out of five stars.
WHAT FRIENDS & FAMILY SAY
To date, Rehabs.com has received feedback from one loved one of a former client. This anonymous reviewer had mostly positive things to write about the center, highlighting the “friendly, open-minded” staff, and giving the facility four- or five-star ratings for the level of family participation, its connectivity and visitor policy, and the treatment of co-occurring disorders. The only criticism this individual shared was regarding the lack of activities, giving holistic offerings just three stars.
According to the center’s website, Pathway to Hope accepts most major insurance plans, including Cigna, Aetna, and United Healthcare; however, clients should call the admissions department to further investigate insurance coverage options. The admissions team can provide clients with program coverage confirmation as well as calculate any out-of-pocket expenses that clients might have. To date, the one alum polled on whether or not the treatment was worth the cost offered this metric two stars, while the sole loved one rated this category with five stars.
Recovery.org is a third-party resource for consumers seeking addiction treatment.
We list thousands of treatment providers throughout the U.S., often including alumni and staff ratings and reviews, and Recovery.org 360 Guides that provide valuable information for people making difficult decisions. Recovery.org is not influenced in regards to its ratings or reviews by any treatment center or its sponsors, and we clearly designate advertiser relationships with “Sponsor” or “Ad” or “Advertisement”.