Recover Integrity for Men
- Individual psychiatric services for each client
- Diagnostic testing for every client
- Career, vocational and education related counseling for clients
- Trauma specialization
- Yoga, Meditation and Mindfulness group work
- 4 group sessions per day
- 2 individual neurofeedback sessions per week for clients
- Deep structured psychological, spiritual and wisdom work
- 3 individual sessions per week for each client
Individualized TreatmentSome facilities have an addiction treatment protocol that all patients or clients are expected to follow, while others customize or individualize treatment based on a person’s unique needs and circumstances. Factors that may affect treatment decisions include age, lifestyle, medical conditions, type of drug, religious beliefs, etc.
Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)EMDR is a highly specific, research-validated form of therapy that can help people overcome traumatic stress, anxiety and depression. With EMDR, a trained practitioner uses bilateral stimulation, eye movement and touch to stimulate parts of the brain as a patient recounts certain experiences and memories as a way to more thoroughly process uncomfortable, painful feelings.
Dual Diagnosis/Co-Occurring Disorders TreatmentThese two terms describe a person who is not only addicted to drugs or alcohol, but also has a mental or emotional illness, such as depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, etc. Facilities that treat patients with dual-diagnosis or co-occurring disorders provide psychiatric treatment in addition to drug and alcohol rehabilitation services.
Aftercare SupportAddiction recovery does not end with discharge after completing a rehab program. Facilities that offer aftercare planning and/or support work with patients to ensure sustainable recovery by helping to plan and make arrangements for transitional or sober living, help with housing, vocational counseling, etc.
- Beach Community
Meet the Staff
- Drs Charles and Ronnie Blakeney, Ed.D, HarvardClinical AssociatesHarvard trained Drs Ronnie Frankel Blakeney and Charles Blakeney, brought Harvard’s developmental model to the identification and treatment of people trapped in mental illness and addiction. They founded, and for 20 years co-directed, Berkeley Academy for Youth Development/The Institute for Clinical-Developmental Psychology. Together they have been among the foremost leaders in the field for the past 35 years, and most recently at the Department of Education and Educational Psychology, Univ. of Fribourg, Switzerland for 10 years refining the Developmental Integrity Approach to addiction and recovery; an addiction treatment manual (One Grain of Sand); two recovery and prevention-related program evaluations; and founding and implementing the Developmental Integrity Profile that assess developmental needs and strengths and guides tailored treatment in a range of recovery programs. Drs Blakeney consulting on human development includes two years at the White House Office of Domestic Policy, two years at the California Legislature, and two years as research scientists for the Swiss Federal Office of Public Health
- Adam Mindel, MA, CADC-II, MFT-ICo-CEOAdam received his MA from Pacific Oaks College in 2011. Adam has been a pillar in the Los Angeles recovery community for the last 12 years. For over a decade, Adam triaged the day to day clinical program of one of the nation’s largest non-profits specializing in addiction. Adam has held positions ranging from Family Director, Assistant Clinical Director, and Men and Women’s Program Director. Adam is highly sought out nationwide by programs and families as an interventionist. Adam works closely with our client’s and their families, creating a safe space for recovery. Adam and Yeshaia worked side by side for 10 years before co-founding Recover Integrity together.
- Yeshaia Blakeney, MA, CAADACCo-CEOYeshaia is an addiction expert with 12 years experience working in substance abuse and mental health. Sober since age 21, Yeshaia has a deep understanding of the youth addiction and recovery process, and works well with people for whom 12-step programs have been ineffective or are looking for an unorthodox approach. Aware that lasting recovery has a spiritual dimension, Yeshaia helps addicts build a customized path toward healing that best fits their personal senses of identity. His experience as a counselor and case manager is enhanced by his connections to a vast network of recovery professionals. He holds a CADC certification from UCLA, a BA from Antioch University, and a Masters in Rabbinics from AJRCA.
- Dr. Eva Altobelli, MDPsychiatristDr. Altobelli is a Diplomate of the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology and certified in suboxone treatment. Dr. Altobelli completed her fellowship in Addiction Psychiatry, and completed her adult psychiatry residency training, at North Shore University Hospital in Manhasset, NY. Prior to medical school Dr. Altobelli earned a Bachelors of Fine Arts at University of Arizona and worked in the film industry in NYC. With a unique background in addiction, psychiatry, trauma and film, Dr. Altobelli is a respected consultant on behavioral health topics. She believes strongly in the mind body spirit connection and has tailored her practice to treat clients with a creative approach. In conjunction with standard psychopharmacology and talk therapy, Dr. Altobelli integrates alternative modalities as part of the healing process, including Energy Medicine and Energy Psychology. Her goal is to empower clients to better cope with the stressors they encounter and create a life filled with joy. Dr. Altobelli knows that engaging in a therapeutic relationship can be a delicate and difficult process and does her best to honor that.
- Up to 60%
Treatment Center Links
Rehabs 360 Guide
ABOUT RECOVER INTEGRITY
Located in Los Angeles, Recover Integrity offers long-term luxury residential treatment for men struggling with addiction, co-occurring mental health disorders, and other issues such as compulsive gambling. In addition, the facility offers outpatient-based programs and sober living facilities.
TREATMENT & ASSESSMENT
Recover Integrity has developed a proprietary diagnostic tool called the Developmental Integrity Profile (DIP), which involves an initial assessment and a follow-up assessment 45 days into treatment to track progress and recalibrate treatment.
Recover Integrity's programming combines the 12-step model of recovery, spirituality, and range of clinical and holistic approaches. Treatment is broken into four phases, each of which lasts approximately 30 days. In phase one, individuals attend full days of treatment that focuses on safety, acclimatization, developing routines, and bonding with the community.
Phase two, which can be a full-day or half-day course, focuses on developing a recovery identity, finding a sponsor, and working the steps or an alternative pathway. In phase three, treatment hours taper further, and clients begin to work or pursue larger life goals. In phase four, clients work a minimum of 30 hours a week or attend school and consolidate what they’ve learned.
Clients participate in four group therapy sessions a day, and at least two individual therapy sessions a week. Clients also attend daily 12-step meetings or alternatives to 12-step meetings, such as SMART Recovery, as well as participate in weekly neurofeedback sessions. If necessary, clients can also receive psychiatric monitoring and weekly psychiatric assessments.
Holistic programming includes meditation, spiritual counseling, health and fitness groups, and gym visits. The center also provides vocational, educational, and transitional counseling.
Family are engaged in the recovery process through weekly check-ins and coaching/support sessions. Continuing care options include weekly individual and group therapy, case management, and urinalysis monitoring.
According to the facility’s website, the treatment team includes psychologists, psychiatrists, certified alcohol and drug counselors, marriage and family therapists, spiritual counselors, interventionists, mindfulness meditation counselors, vocational counselors, and case managers. The 15 individuals polled by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing praised the staff’s level of training and experience.
Staff level of experience and training: 4.93/5
ACCOMMODATIONS & AMENITIES
The flagship residential facility, located in Brentwood, is a light-filled adobe-style villa with some single-occupancy suites, a pool, a private garden, a large dining room, and desks for studying. Lunch and dinner are prepared for residents. Weekend outings include hiking, bowling, paddle-boarding, and trips to the movies.
The sober living facilities in Santa Monica include three beachside cottages with single and double rooms available. Men living in these facilities must have at least three months in recovery.
WHAT ALUMNI SAY
The five alumni surveyed by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing appreciated many aspects of the facility, including its range of treatment approaches and dedicated staff. Survey data also indicated alumni approved of the facility's visitor policy and overall cleanliness.
Cleanliness and upkeep of facility:5/5
Holistic offerings: 4.8/5
Level of family participation: 4.8/5
Counseling options: 4/8/5
“All of the people that work here are exceptional caring supportive individuals that truly understand what its like to go thru this process,” Brian wrote, adding, “Each person has your back and provides the community with support and open-ness.”
WHAT FRIENDS & FAMILY SAY
All six of the reviews from loved ones received by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing were also very positive. Mirroring alumni opinions, the six reviewers gave the facility high averages of at least four out of five stars in almost all of the 15 evaluated treatment metrics.
Level of family participation: 5/5
Holistic offerings: 4.83/5
Counseling options: 4.83/5
Reviewers repeatedly praised the attentiveness of the treatment team and the program’s well-rounded nature. "This rehab center is evolving and committed to integrated and unique apporach and collaborates with other psychiatrists, therapists etc.” D.B. wrote in a representative review.
WHAT STAFF SAY
The four staff reviews received to date were very positive with an average rating of 4.75 out of five stars for the facility’s overall treatment effectiveness. Staff praised the program’s “unique model” and “dedicated staff” and highlighted the individualized nature of the program. “Recover Integrity is personalized, tailored treatment at its best,” A.F. wrote, adding, “It is the Harvard of Recovery programs.”
Recovery Integrity accepts most private insurances and offers financing options.
Facility affordability: 4.73/5
Recovery.org is a third-party resource for consumers seeking addiction treatment.
We list thousands of treatment providers throughout the U.S., often including alumni and staff ratings and reviews, and Recovery.org 360 Guides that provide valuable information for people making difficult decisions. Recovery.org is not influenced in regards to its ratings or reviews by any treatment center or its sponsors, and we clearly designate advertiser relationships with “Sponsor” or “Ad” or “Advertisement”.