Recovery Centers of America at Indianapolis
- 24/7 Psychiatric & Medical supervision
- Masters-level therapists
- Industry-leading staff:client ratio
- Full continuum of care from medical detoxification to outpatient treatment
- Evidence-based practices & 12-step integration for top-quality physical & spiritual support
Medical DetoxificationDrugs and alcohol have widespread effects throughout your body, including but not limited to the addiction and/or physical/psychological dependence that develops with substance abuse over time. Many organ systems are affected by addiction and will react to withdrawal. The term “medical detoxification” means that there is a trained and licensed medical professional onsite to monitor your vital signs and protect your physical and emotional health as your body goes through withdrawal.
Dual Diagnosis/Co-Occurring Disorders TreatmentThese two terms describe a person who is not only addicted to drugs or alcohol, but also has a mental or emotional illness, such as depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, etc. Facilities that treat patients with dual-diagnosis or co-occurring disorders provide psychiatric treatment in addition to drug and alcohol rehabilitation services.
Individualized TreatmentSome facilities have an addiction treatment protocol that all patients or clients are expected to follow, while others customize or individualize treatment based on a person’s unique needs and circumstances. Factors that may affect treatment decisions include age, lifestyle, medical conditions, type of drug, religious beliefs, etc.
Aftercare SupportAddiction recovery does not end with discharge after completing a rehab program. Facilities that offer aftercare planning and/or support work with patients to ensure sustainable recovery by helping to plan and make arrangements for transitional or sober living, help with housing, vocational counseling, etc.
Relapse PreventionPRISE: a Program Designed for Patients Who Have Relapsed The path to recovery is unique to each person struggling with addiction. For some people it takes multiple attempts at recovery, and with each passing attempt they may feel less optimistic about their future. At Recovery Centers of America, we see each attempt at recovery as a sign of commitment and hope. This specialized program uses a therapeutic, evidence-based approach designed to help those for whom recovery has been elusive. PRISE (Promoting Recovery through Intensive Support and Education) focuses patients on their recovery, rather than addiction, and focuses on a bright future
First RespondersOur private substance abuse rehabilitation program can help you get mentally and physically healthy again so you can get back to your calling to help others in their time of crisis. At Recovery Centers of America (RCA), we strive to be the preferred residential treatment facility for first responders struggling with addiction. Whether you’re an active or former law enforcement officer, firefighter, correctional officer, EMT/paramedic, or veteran––we can help you manage the ripple effects of substance abuse. We can help advocate on your behalf with your union, department, and employee assistance program if you choose to include them in your treatment.
Thrive: for LGBTQIA+ patientsThrive, our LGBTQIA+ focused program, is a one-of-a-kind and life-changing addiction treatment program for members of the LGBTQIA+ community. Our program will help you achieve a successful recovery by addressing important issues alongside substance use disorder, such as identity, self-worth, social stigmas and trauma. And, while in treatment you will be in an inclusive environment to help you feel safe, respected and a part of a supportive community.
Spiritual Treatment Enhancement ServiceTo help you on this spiritual journey, Recovery Centers of America has created Spirituality, a treatment enhancement service that equips you to build this foundation in recovery. Our curriculum is designed for the needs of those who already have a spiritual identity and those who seek one, alike. No matter where you stand with respect to spirituality, this approach will help you cultivate a deep connection to your Higher Power.
Meet the Staff
- William Cooke, MDMedical DirectorWilliam Cooke, MD, FAAFP, FASAM, AAHIVS, is a fellow of the American Academy of Family Medicine and the American Society of Addiction Medicine, specializing in family medicine, addiction medicine, and HIV medicine. His work has been covered by CBS, NBC, PBS, the BBC, USA Today, the New York Times, NPR, and others. In 2019, he was named National Physician of the Year by the American Academy of Family Physicians and joined the ranks of two US surgeons general and a former secretary of the US Department of Health and Human Services by receiving the Ryan White Distinguished Leadership Award. He was also the first physician in the nation to be awarded the Pillar of Excellence by Addiction Policy Forum.
- Diana WilliamsClinical DirectorDiana Williams MSW, LCSW has 30 years of experience working in the field substance abuse and mental health. She is currently the Clinical Director for RCA-Indy. Her previous work includes: Project Director of the Center for Behavioral Health for Altarum, a consulting firm in Washington, DC. She was the Behavioral Health Deputy Director at the Office of Mental Health and Addiction Policy and Planning, Department for the Indiana Division of Mental Health and Addiction where she was the Single State Authority. She also has experience in the Criminal Justice system where she was the Program Director for the Indiana Department of Corrections and implemented substance abuse and skill building programs throughout the 32 prisons in the state. She spent 10 years as an associate professor at Indiana University teaching graduate Social Work students about Substance Use Disorders and Recovery while working full time as the Clinical Director at Tara Treatment Center in Franklin, IN. In her career Diana has dedicated her time to raising the awareness of the benefits of recovery from addiction, developing programs for substance abuse clients and been an advocate of integration of systems for the better health and well- being of all people. She is a mentor for many young people who are interested in working in the field of recovery and has been a long time recovery ally and champion.
- No interest payment plans available