Recovery Centers of America at Monroeville
- 24/7 Psychiatric & Medical supervision
- Masters-level therapists
- Industry-leading staff:client ratio
- Full continuum of care from medical detoxification to outpatient treatment
- Evidence-based practices & 12-step integration for top-quality physical & spiritual support
Medical DetoxificationDrugs and alcohol have widespread effects throughout your body, including but not limited to the addiction and/or physical/psychological dependence that develops with substance abuse over time. Many organ systems are affected by addiction and will react to withdrawal. The term “medical detoxification” means that there is a trained and licensed medical professional onsite to monitor your vital signs and protect your physical and emotional health as your body goes through withdrawal.
Dual Diagnosis/Co-Occurring Disorders TreatmentThese two terms describe a person who is not only addicted to drugs or alcohol, but also has a mental or emotional illness, such as depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, etc. Facilities that treat patients with dual-diagnosis or co-occurring disorders provide psychiatric treatment in addition to drug and alcohol rehabilitation services.
Individualized TreatmentSome facilities have an addiction treatment protocol that all patients or clients are expected to follow, while others customize or individualize treatment based on a person’s unique needs and circumstances. Factors that may affect treatment decisions include age, lifestyle, medical conditions, type of drug, religious beliefs, etc.
Aftercare SupportAddiction recovery does not end with discharge after completing a rehab program. Facilities that offer aftercare planning and/or support work with patients to ensure sustainable recovery by helping to plan and make arrangements for transitional or sober living, help with housing, vocational counseling, etc.
Relapse PreventionPRISE: a Program Designed for Patients Who Have Relapsed The path to recovery is unique to each person struggling with addiction. For some people it takes multiple attempts at recovery, and with each passing attempt they may feel less optimistic about their future. At Recovery Centers of America, we see each attempt at recovery as a sign of commitment and hope. This specialized program uses a therapeutic, evidence-based approach designed to help those for whom recovery has been elusive. PRISE (Promoting Recovery through Intensive Support and Education) focuses patients on their recovery, rather than addiction, and focuses on a bright future
Evolutions: treatment for older adults age 50+The Evolutions program at Recovery Centers of America is designed with adults 50+ in mind. Whether you are at a transition point in life involving retirement, your children leaving the home, or your health deteriorating, you are not alone. In Evolutions, you will be with peers 50 years of age and older who are understanding, supportive and focused on making a positive change.
Discover: treatment for young adultsDiscover, is a life-changing addiction treatment program designed specifically for young adults ages 18 to 34. Through the program, you will learn how to create and enjoy a successful life without alcohol or drugs and gain the tools and support you need to become the person you want to be.
WorkFlexRCA WorkFlex, a service unique to RCA, enables you to continue fulfilling employment or education responsibilities during your time at our inpatient rehab facility. Through this treatment enhancement service, you are empowered to keep your primary focus on your personal recovery during inpatient treatment, while having the ability to spend three hours a day maintaining virtual work and school obligations. All participants must be pre-approved prior to arrival at our facility.
Freedom: Christian faith-based addiction treatment programStrong faith can give you the power to persevere and overcome any obstacle. With faith, the right tools, and the right people by your side, you CAN overcome addiction to drugs and alcohol. At Recovery Centers of America, we created an addiction treatment program that will provide you with all of the above to ensure your success in treatment.
Meet the Staff
- Michael OgdenChief Executive OfficerMichael, a native to the Pittsburgh area, brings a wealth of experience, knowledge and skill to Recovery Centers of America at Monroeville. He most recently served as CEO of RCA at Bracebridge Hall, located in Earleville, Maryland. He was previously the Executive Director of RCA’s largest treatment center, located in Devon, Pennsylvania. Michael has over 30 years of experience in the treatment of patients suffering from substance use disorder, including many leadership roles at behavioral health and addiction treatment organizations. Michael holds a BA in Psychology from Saint Leo University and Master of Public Health from Drexel University. Michael is also a US Navy Veteran.
- Dr. Scott CookMedical DirectorDr. Cook is an international lecturer and physician who grew up in a Pittsburgh neighborhood close to RCA at Monroeville. In his role of Medical Director for the center, he brings years of experience in Addiction Medicine, Behavioral Health, Family Practice, Emergency Medicine, and Public Health. He has practiced at multiple inpatient and outpatient addiction medicine centers throughout the United States. Additionally, he has worked as an ER/Urgent Care physician at several Western Pennsylvania Emergency Departments and Urgent Care centers. Prior to joining RCA, Dr. Cook held roles as Medical Director and Chief Medical Officer at multiple addiction organizations. Additionally, he has commercial and government health administration experience serving as Medical Director at Highmark Health and at C2C Innovative Solutions (Medicare). Dr. Cook has a special interest in the public health implications of institutional racism and its impact on the health status of African-Americans. He has lectured on Addiction Medicine in several European countries and has plans to speak at future international conferences in Central/South America, Asia, Africa, and the Caribbean.
- Kimberly BryanDirector of Admission & URKim believes her most important role as Director of Admissions and Utilization Review at RCA at Monroeville is to be an advocate for those struggling, and she is committed to helping individuals take their first steps toward recovery. Kim is passionate and dedicated to making sure that individuals seeking treatment receive treatment. She brings over 24 years of experience working in both the mental health and substance abuse treatment fields to RCA.
- No interest payment plans available
Treatment Center Links
Rehabs 360 Guide
Recovery.org is a third-party resource for consumers seeking addiction treatment.
We list thousands of treatment providers throughout the U.S., often including alumni and staff ratings and reviews, and Recovery.org 360 Guides that provide valuable information for people making difficult decisions. Recovery.org is not influenced in regards to its ratings or reviews by any treatment center or its sponsors, and we clearly designate advertiser relationships with “Sponsor” or “Ad” or “Advertisement”.