Recovery Centers of America at Raritan Bay
- 24/7 Psychiatric & Medical supervision
- Masters-level therapists
- Industry-leading staff:client ratio
- Evidence-based practices & 12-step integration for top-quality physical & spiritual support
Dual Diagnosis/Co-Occurring Disorders TreatmentThese two terms describe a person who is not only addicted to drugs or alcohol, but also has a mental or emotional illness, such as depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, etc. Facilities that treat patients with dual-diagnosis or co-occurring disorders provide psychiatric treatment in addition to drug and alcohol rehabilitation services.
Individualized TreatmentSome facilities have an addiction treatment protocol that all patients or clients are expected to follow, while others customize or individualize treatment based on a person’s unique needs and circumstances. Factors that may affect treatment decisions include age, lifestyle, medical conditions, type of drug, religious beliefs, etc.
Aftercare SupportAddiction recovery does not end with discharge after completing a rehab program. Facilities that offer aftercare planning and/or support work with patients to ensure sustainable recovery by helping to plan and make arrangements for transitional or sober living, help with housing, vocational counseling, etc.
RESCU: for First Responders & MilitaryOur private substance abuse rehabilitation program can help you get mentally and physically healthy again so you can get back to your calling to help others in their time of crisis. At Recovery Centers of America (RCA), we strive to be the preferred residential treatment facility for first responders struggling with addiction. Whether you’re an active or former law enforcement officer, firefighter, correctional officer, EMT/paramedic, or veteran––we can help you manage the ripple effects of substance abuse. We can help advocate on your behalf with your union, department, and employee assistance program if you choose to include them in your treatment.
Discover: treatment for young adultsDiscover, is a life-changing addiction treatment program designed specifically for young adults ages 18 to 34. Through the program, you will learn how to create and enjoy a successful life without alcohol or drugs and gain the tools and support you need to become the person you want to be.
PRISE: for patients who have relapsedYour journey to lasting recovery is unique, and relapse may be a part of that journey. While you may view relapse as a failure, at Recovery Centers of America we recognize that it can be a part of many people’s eventual path to recovery and we don’t see your struggle as a sign of failure. We encourage you to come back for treatment and get back on the right path. The progress you have made in the past is important and together we can build on that foundation to develop the path by which you can achieve lasting recovery. Recovery Centers of America supports every attempt with optimism, support and specialized care. The PRISE program at Recovery Centers of America is one of a kind and life changing. PRISE, which stands for ‘Promoting Recovery through Intensive Support and Education’ was designed to help you with relapse prevention to achieve lasting recovery.
Freedom: for faith based treatmentCreated by ordained ministers, who are also experts in the field of addiction and recovery to ensure the needs of Christian patients are met, Freedom is a unique and life-changing Christian addiction treatment program that can help you refresh your connection to God and achieve lasting freedom from drugs and alcohol.
WorkFlexRCA WorkFlex, a service unique to RCA, enables patients to continue fulfilling employment or education responsibilities during their time at our inpatient rehab facility. Through this treatment enhancement service, patients are empowered to keep their primary focus on their personal recovery during inpatient treatment, while having the ability to spend three hours a day maintaining virtual work and school obligations.
- Residential Neighborhood
Meet the Staff
- David DorschuCEODavid Dorschu, MS, has over eighteen years of experience in the substance abuse field, serving in various leadership positions which incorporate the entire continuum of care, including Clinical Director, Risk Management Director, QA Director, Outpatient Program Director, and currently as Chief Executive Officer of the RCA at Raritan Bay facility. David began his tenure at RCA in 2016 as CEO of the Lighthouse, a 133-bed facility located in Mays Landing, NJ. David has utilized these various leadership roles to form a treatment philosophy based on the latest, empirically supported research. “The patients we are so fortunate to serve have provided to us a tremendous gift: the willingness to share their pain and offer us a glimpse into their brokenness. They are under no obligation to do so, therefore we must treat this gift as a sacred trust and privileged responsibility.“ David earned his Master’s Degree in Counseling Psychology from Villanova University.
- Dr. Andrew YoussoufMedical DirectorDr. Andrew Youssouf is double board certified in both Addiction Medicine and Emergency Medicine. He was a frontline ER doctor for over a decade, witnessing and treating the fallout from addiction. These experiences inspired him to come to RCA to lead the medical team and join the fight to help patients and their families get their true lives back.
- Sharon CartwrightClinical DirectorSharon is a Licensed Professional Counselor, Licensed Clinical Drug and Alcohol Counselor, Certified Clinical Supervisor and National Certified Counselor with over ten years’ experience in a variety of treatment environments including detoxification, residential, halfway house, and intensive outpatient treatment. Sharon earned her master’s degree in Counseling at Kean University where she is currently an adjunct professor in their Counselor Education Department. Sharon employs a person-centered counseling approach utilizing evidenced-based practices including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Motivational Enhancement Therapy and Mindfulness Based Interventions rooted in cultural competency to ensure the best possible client care. Sharon brings outstanding experience, clinical acumen, and an authentic enthusiasm and passion for supervision, holistic social services, and substance abuse counseling to Recovery Centers of America.
- No interest payment plans available
Treatment Center Links
Rehabs 360 Guide
Recovery.org is a third-party resource for consumers seeking addiction treatment.
We list thousands of treatment providers throughout the U.S., often including alumni and staff ratings and reviews, and Recovery.org 360 Guides that provide valuable information for people making difficult decisions. Recovery.org is not influenced in regards to its ratings or reviews by any treatment center or its sponsors, and we clearly designate advertiser relationships with “Sponsor” or “Ad” or “Advertisement”.