Recovery Centers of America at St. Charles
41W400 Silver Glen Road, Saint Charles, Illinois, 60175
Bringing world-class addiction treatment to the Chicago area. If you live near Chicago, IL and are looking for an inpatient or outpatient drug & alcohol rehab center for yourself or a loved one, look no further than Recovery Centers of America at St. Charles. Located about 50 miles outside the city, our team is here to help. Our mission is to save the lives of adults struggling with addiction and co-occurring mental health disorders, through our full continuum of care, inclusive of drug and alcohol detox, inpatient addiction treatment, and outpatient treatment (offered both in-person at nearby South Elgin and online). At RCA’s drug and alcohol rehab center in St. Charles, you and your family will be part of a large, supportive community of RCA team members who are dedicated to making your time in treatment successful. You have dreams, hopes and aspirations, and to achieve them you must no longer be captive to alcohol, heroin, fentanyl, cocaine, Xanax, meth or other substances. In our expert-led, evidence-based addiction treatment facility we will counsel, medically and emotionally support, and encourage you on your recovery journey. At RCA, our caring team will be by your side through a lifetime of recovery, with services inclusive of: - Drug and alcohol detox services, - Residential inpatient treatment, - Outpatient addiction treatment, - Medication-Assisted Treatment for opiate, opioid & alcohol addiction, - And an active alumni association with recovery meetings and activities.
- 24/7 Medical supervision
- Immersive 12-Step Programming
- Fitness and Yoga
- Evidence-based practices & 12-step integration for top-quality physical & spiritual support
Relapse PreventionPRISE: a Program Designed for Patients Who Have Relapsed The path to recovery is unique to each person struggling with addiction. For some people it takes multiple attempts at recovery, and with each passing attempt they may feel less optimistic about their future. At Recovery Centers of America, we see each attempt at recovery as a sign of commitment and hope. This specialized program uses a therapeutic, evidence-based approach designed to help those for whom recovery has been elusive. PRISE (Promoting Recovery through Intensive Support and Education) focuses patients on their recovery, rather than addiction, and focuses on a bright future.
WorkFlex: continue fulfilling employment or education responsibilitiesThrough this treatment enhancement service, you are empowered to keep your primary focus on your personal recovery during inpatient treatment, while having the ability to spend three hours a day maintaining virtual work and school obligations.
Balance: for co-occurring addiction and mental health disordersTo treat your addiction and mental health concerns together, Balance employs Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), a therapeutic approach that has proven effective over time in treating dual diagnosis disorders. By treating your substance use disorder and co-occurring mental health disorders together, you can find relief from your mental suffering and embark on the path to recovery from addiction to drugs and alcohol.
Discover: A program for young adultsAs a young adult struggling with addiction, life can feel unbearable, the future unimaginable. We get it. At RCA’s Thrive Program is designed specifically for the developmental challenges of young men and women between the ages of 18-34. Some common co-occurring disorders treated in tandem with addiction in this program include anxiety, depression, ADD and eating disorders.
- Residential Neighborhood
Meet the Staff
- Karen Wolownik AlbertChief Executive OfficerKaren Wolownik Albert, LCSW joins RCA with over 20 years of experience in progressive behavioral health leadership. As a frequent public speaker and advisor regarding local, state, and federal behavioral health issues and initiatives, she is also a subject matter expert on in substance use issues and treatment, juvenile justice and child welfare, therapeutic intervention, and case management. Karen was the recipient of the 2018 Dr. C. Vincent Bakeman Memorial Award presented by the Illinois Association for Behavioral Health for her work in connecting patients to treatment and improving the system of care for persons struggling with Substance Use Disorder. Karen serves on the Board of Directors of the Lake County Opioid Initiative and Live4Lali. She worked on the core team of Task Force members in the development and launch of the nationally recognized A Way Out Program, a law enforcement deflection program for persons seeking Substance Use Disorder treatment. She looks forward to expanding treatment option in Illinois and continuing RCA’s mission of saving one million lives, one neighborhood at a time.
- Dr. Stephen HoltsfordMedical DirectorDr. Holtsford holds an MD from the University of Illinois-Chicago, where he also completed a residency in emergency and internal medicine (EM/IM). In addition to his EM/IM board certification, he has been board certified in addiction medicine since 2019. As Medical Director at RCA, Dr. Holtsford oversees the medical care of patients, including withdrawal management, chronic medical conditions and any other medical issues that arise during their stay at RCA. Dr. Holtsford’s interest in addiction treatment and advocacy comes from his time as an ER physician, witnessing the ravages of drugs and alcohol on people in the community. Since obtaining board certification in addiction medicine, he also trains other providers, advocates for better care of OUD patients in the ER and works toward getting care to patients in the criminal justice system. Prior to RCA, Dr. Holtsford was a full-time ER Physician. He continues to hold positions as a part-time ER physician at Northwestern Delnor Hospital in Geneva; the Medical Director of Lighthouse Recovery, an outpatient SUD clinic in St. Charles; the Illinois Medical Director of Bright Heart Health, an OUD treatment provider via telemedicine; as well as a member of the Kane County Opioid Task Force.
- Bridget MartinezDirector of Admission & URI began my career in the health care insurance industry 13 years ago as an access specialist at a level one trauma facility in the Chicago Land Area. From there, I obtained my Master’s Degree in Clinical Psychology at Benedictine University in 2012 and have worked as a Utilization review coordinator, crisis admission counselor, clinical therapist, and care advisor. I have a vast knowledge in Medicaid, Medicare and commercial insurance policies. I am passionate about advocating for my patients and believe that everyone should be afforded the opportunity of recovery.
- No interest payment plans available
Rehabs 360 Guide
Recovery.org is a third-party resource for consumers seeking addiction treatment.
We list thousands of treatment providers throughout the U.S., often including alumni and staff ratings and reviews, and Recovery.org 360 Guides that provide valuable information for people making difficult decisions. Recovery.org is not influenced in regards to its ratings or reviews by any treatment center or its sponsors, and we clearly designate advertiser relationships with “Sponsor” or “Ad” or “Advertisement”.