Renz Addiction Counseling Center
Two American Way, Elgin, Illinois, 60120
Renz Center's mission is to empower individuals to lead healthier lives. The philosophy of the treatment programs is based on the belief that addiction is a chronic, progressive disease with its own symptomology. As with many chronic diseases the person affected and those closest to them are often blinded to the existence of the disease and as such attempt to deny its presence. While substance use and gambling disorders are unique diseases, other diseases or illnesses of a physical or psychological nature will exist concurrently. Renz Center believes that recovery from addiction is possible through abstinence. Every client is unique, and every person has the potential for growth. Treatment is a complex process which no one person or agency can provide. Renz Center provides specialized outpatient services whenever possible and will refer to an individual or agency when necessary. Recovery is not strictly a program or an event, but a process.
- Medication Assisted Treatment for alcohol and opioid use disorders under the supervision of a physician
- Positive Waves Group - Alpha Stim technology to alleviate symptoms of anxiety, depression, insomnia and pain
- Gambling Treatment provided by a certified International Compulsive Gambling Counselor (ICGC-II)
Intensive OutpatientPatients who undergo intensive outpatient treatment continue to live at home and sometimes go to school or work while participating in a highly structured treatment protocol that is focused on ending substance abuse. Programs vary in terms of how much treatment patients receive, how often and for how long. Some facilities design individualized intensive outpatient treatment programs.
Individual TherapyThis term describes one-on-one therapy, in which a patient and trained counselor, social worker, psychologist or psychiatrist meets privately with a patient to discuss challenges related to lifestyle, work, family and romantic relationships that may have contributed to the development of an addiction.
Meet the Staff
- Jerry Skogmo, LCPC, CADCExecutive DirectorMr. Skogmo has been the Executive Director of Renz Center since 1996. He has over 33 years of experience in the mental and substance use disorder behavioral health fields. He has served on the Illinois Behavioral Health Association board from 1998-2014.
- Colleen Koncilja, LCSW, CADC, ICGC-II, QHEICDirector of Clinical ServicesMs. Koncilja is an experienced counselor starting in 1993. She supervises a team of 7 talented counselors who are all experienced with the unique needs of individuals with a substance use disorder.
- Financing Available