Rise in Malibu
27551 Pacific Coast Highway, Malibu, California, 90265
The goal of our program is to identify, diagnose, and treat the core issues that led to substance abuse, as well as co-occurring mental illnesses that may be hindering a person’s ability to recover. Our unique program was created as an immediate response to the critical nature of substance abuse. The benefits of seeking help at a residential program far outweigh the benefits of outpatient or individual therapy for those whose addiction issues have accelerated to a dangerous level of behaviors. We understand that you have utilized your valuable resources to hire us to do a job for you, and also understand that you have hired us because it is a job that you now understand that you cannot do for yourself and as such, have agreed to let us do the work you have entrusted us to do.
- Over 40+ Years Combined Staff Experience
- Clinical, Traditional & Holistic Approach
- Modern & Luxurious Amenities
Dual Diagnosis/Co-Occurring Disorders TreatmentThese two terms describe a person who is not only addicted to drugs or alcohol, but also has a mental or emotional illness, such as depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, etc. Facilities that treat patients with dual-diagnosis or co-occurring disorders provide psychiatric treatment in addition to drug and alcohol rehabilitation services.
Individualized TreatmentSome facilities have an addiction treatment protocol that all patients or clients are expected to follow, while others customize or individualize treatment based on a person’s unique needs and circumstances. Factors that may affect treatment decisions include age, lifestyle, medical conditions, type of drug, religious beliefs, etc.
Meet the Staff
- Dr. Mark Staulhuth Ph.D.Clinical DirectorFor more than three decades Dr. Stahlhuth has conducted psychological assessments on an in-patient basis as well as in residential and outpatient settings; the foundation for this work includes several years of graduate study in psycho-diagnostic assessment, graduate teaching assistantships, and internships and work at agencies specializing in psycho-diagnostic assessment. He brings to Rise in Malibu a combination of scientific, psychological and unique techniques that allow clients to succeed in recovery.
- Dr. Damon Raskin M.D.Detox Specialist/InternistDr. Raskin has extensive experience helping patients safely detoxify from alcohol, opiates, and other drugs. At Rise in Malibu, he assists in assuring that clients are able to rid their body of drugs in a monitored and safe environment.
- Financing available