Rivermend Health Centers - Atlanta Drug Rehab
1640 Powers Ferry Rd Building 28 Suite 100, Marietta, Georgia, 30067
With offices in Atlanta and Augusta, RiverMend Health Centers provide a comprehensive array of behavioral health services, including the evaluation and diagnosis of addiction, co-occurring conditions and other types of mental health disorders. Led by board-certified physicians and licensed clinicians, we offer treatment programs in local communities throughout the state of Georgia. Our neuroscience-driven care model combines medically rooted best practices with holistic approaches that focus on improving the whole person. Affiliated with the Medical College of Georgia at Augusta University, RiverMend Health Centers can successfully evaluate, diagnose and treat a wide variety of mental health conditions.
- LGBTQ Addiction Treatment Program
- Life Skills & Financial Counseling
- Nutritional Counseling
12-StepThe term “12 Step Program” describes a way to recover from addiction that is based on the model developed by Alcoholics Anonymous. Many drug and alcohol treatment centers base their treatment on 12 steps – the first three of which are situational, the next four addressing the practical issues created by the addiction, followed by two steps focused on making amends for hurting others. Steps 10 and 11 involve a deeper examination of the previous steps and the final step is focused on helping others avoid and recover from addiction.
Dual Diagnosis/Co-occurring Disorders TreatmentThese two terms describe a person who is not only addicted to drugs or alcohol, but also has a mental or emotional illness, such as depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, etc. Facilities that treat patients with dual-diagnosis or co-occurring disorders provide psychiatric treatment in addition to drug and alcohol rehabilitation services.
- Average Location/Amenities
Meet the Staff
- Catherine Baer, MS, MS, LPCClinical DirectorCatherine Baer, MS, MS, LPC, addiction treatment expert, serves as Clinical Director with RiverMend Health Centers, a RiverMend Health company which is affiliated with the Medical College of Georgia at Augusta University. In this role, Ms. Baer leads a talented and highly skilled staff of therapists and drug counselors who are part of a multidisciplinary dream team treating patients throughout the state of Georgia. Ms. Baer brings more than 20 years experience working with those suffering from the disease of addiction, among more than two decades serving in the mental health field. Since becoming a Licensed Professional Counselor in 1998, Ms. Baer has worked in private practice in addition to working with treatment centers. She has earned a reputation for ensuring compassionate quality care for patients both in inpatient and outpatient detoxification and recovery facilities as well as in private practice. Her expertise spans treating healthcare and other professionals, individuals, couples, families and groups at all levels of care. Ms. Baer is well-known for her experience working with family members as a family therapist, multi-family group leader and facilitating groups addressing the needs of a client’s family members. One of Ms. Baer’s greatest passions is educating families about the disease of addiction and the recovery process, equipping loved ones to be a support system vital to a patient’s sustained recovery. Prior to joining RiverMend Health Centers, Ms. Baer was a clinician with the Ridgeview Institute for 16 years. Ms. Baer earned a Master of Science degree in Counseling from Georgia State University and a Master of Science degree in Psychology from the University of Georgia.
- Daniel Lettenberger-Klein, MS, LMFTExecutive DirectorDaniel Lettenberger-Klein, MS, LMFT, is Executive Director of RiverMend Health Center of Atlanta, where he oversees business operations, recovery programming and clinical processes related to patient care. Daniel received his Bachelor of Science in Psychology from Bradley University and his Master of Science in Marriage and Family Therapy from Purdue University. He has worked in every level of substance abuse treatment as a substance abuse counselor, family therapist and counseling supervisor. His responsibilities included conducting biopsychosocial assessments, creating individualized treatment plans and providing individual, couple, family, group and multifamily group therapy. As a supervisor, he oversaw hiring, provided case consultation and managed staff. In 2012, he started his own practice, offering individual, couple and family therapy with a specialization in addiction and trauma. He is certified to provide EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) to help patients overcome trauma. A certified instructor for the Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), he also trains employees at healthcare facilities to prevent, identify, diffuse and manage disruptive behavior and aggression. Before joining RiverMend Health Center, he served as the executive and clinical director, and later regional director, for a detox center with locations in three states. In that role, he oversaw the clinical and admissions departments, worked closely with a multidisciplinary team to coordinate patient care, implemented performance improvement initiatives, ensured compliance with Joint Commission accreditation requirements and worked with leadership teams. Drawn to help those with addictive disorders because of his own family’s history of addiction struggles, Daniel’s goals are to ensure the admissions process is thorough and inviting and to make sure patients receive individualized, integrated care. He is committed to including families in the recovery process, allowing them to provide important support for their loved one and facilitate their own healing.
- Financing Available