Silver Hill Hospital
208 Valley Road, New Canaan, Connecticut, 06840
Providing substance abuse treatment programs for teens and adults, Silver Hill Hospital offers inpatient, transitional living and outpatient programs. Inpatient treatment primarily relies on medically-based therapies. Transitional living programs emphasize more behavioral and psychological treatment strategies. Outpatient programs include detoxification followed by intensive outpatient therapies. Group therapies, including 12-step groups, are the cornerstone of Silver Hill’s programs.
- Convenient location
- Experienced and licensed clinical staff
- Multiple levels of care and specialized treatment programs
Dual Diagnosis/Co-occurring Disorders TreatmentThese two terms describe a person who is not only addicted to drugs or alcohol, but also has a mental or emotional illness, such as depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, etc. Facilities that treat patients with dual-diagnosis or co-occurring disorders provide psychiatric treatment in addition to drug and alcohol rehabilitation services.
- Average Location/Amenities
Meet the Staff
- Sigurd Ackerman, M.D.President and Medical DirectorMedical School Tufts University School of Medicine Residency Montefiore Medical Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine Fellowship Montefiore Medical Center, Department of Psychiatry Board Certification American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology Academic Affiliations Professor of Clinical Psychiatry, Columbia University College of Physicians & Surgeons.
- Ava Albrecht, M.D.Adolescent Inpatient Service ChiefMedical School Rush Medical College Residency New York University School of Medicine Fellowship New York University School of Medicine Board Certification American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, General Psychiatry Academic Affiliations Assistant Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry.