Summit Malibu Treatment Center
27026 Sea Vista Drive, Malibu, California, 90265
Summit Malibu is owner-operated and located in an intimate, private location on 5 acres in a gated community with sweeping ocean and canyon views. The focus is on individualized treatment, with an emphasis on one-on-one therapy. We use various modalities including DBT, CBT, EMDR, Biofeedback, and Relapse Prevention. We are an alternative to AA facility.
- Intimate, private residential setting with sweeping ocean and canyon views
- DBT, CBT, EMDR, Trauma Therapy, and Neurofeedback focused
- Luxurious private and semi-private suites
Aftercare SupportAddiction recovery does not end with discharge after completing a rehab program. Facilities that offer aftercare planning and/or support work with patients to ensure sustainable recovery by helping to plan and make arrangements for transitional or sober living, help with housing, vocational counseling, etc.
Process Abuse TreatmentNot all addictions involve mood-altering chemicals. The term “process addiction” describes the unhealthy use of behaviors (including eating, gambling, sexual activity, shopping, internet use, etc.) that has spiraled out of control and into the realm of addiction.
Meet the Staff
- Willie OswaldCEO/FounderOver the past 30 years William Oswald has established himself as a pioneer in the alcohol and addiction recovery field. At the Adult Substance Abuse Program of Southern California (ASAP) he was one of the first to expand the scope of addiction treatment into mainstream medical facilities. In 1988 he founded Avalon Treatment Centers at Van Nuys Hospital, the first center to provide a broad range of social and therapeutic treatments that significantly reduced relapse rates. In the 1990s he established Lumax Mental Health, a company specializing in day treatment programs for dual diagnosis patients at area hospitals, and went on to direct business development for New Seasons Behavior Health Center, one of the first centers to utilize neurocognitive treatment for addiction. Mr. Oswald was also instrumental in creating Cocaine Anonymous, a 12-Step fellowship that has helped thousands.
- Steven BoothCFO/FounderSteven earned his B.A. from the University of California, Santa Barbara in Economics. Before helping to co-found Summit Malibu Steven worked in both private and public accounting. Like many others, Steven has seen first hand the destruction that addiction can inflict on family and friends. He has also witnessed the extraordinary changes that can be made when addicts receive the necessary treatment.