Transformations by the Gulf
7217 Gulf Boulevard Suite 2, Saint Pete Beach, Florida, 33706
The treatment model at Transformations by the Gulf provides Individualized, gender-specific support for rehabilitation and achieving wellness. The program uses evidence-based therapies, emphasizes 12-step core values (self-respect, compassion, spirituality, self-accountability, honesty, transparency, open-mindedness and willingness to change) and offers a wide range of holistic treatment options, including nutrition counseling, acupuncture, yoga, personal fitness training, light and sound neurotherapy, and Tai Chi.
- Newly Renovated Residence Homes
- Licensed Counselors On Staff
- Fitness Instructor On-Site
12-StepThe term “12 Step Program” describes a way to recover from addiction that is based on the model developed by Alcoholics Anonymous. Many drug and alcohol treatment centers base their treatment on 12 steps – the first three of which are situational, the next four addressing the practical issues created by the addiction, followed by two steps focused on making amends for hurting others. Steps 10 and 11 involve a deeper examination of the previous steps and the final step is focused on helping others avoid and recover from addiction.
Holistic TherapyFacilities that offer “holistic therapy” see and treat patients in the context of their entire lives and health status. They treat the “whole person,” not just the addiction.
Meet the Staff
- Angela HawthorneLMHC, TherapistAngela “Angie” Hawthorne is a Licensed Mental Health Counselor, Certified Life Coach, and registered Yoga teacher. She has 30+ years of experience helping people heal from addiction and mental health challenges. Angie currently facilitates the creative arts therapy groups and encourages clients to continue practicing creativity once they leave treatment.
- Jennifer GallagherLMHC, Clinical DirectorJennifer Gallagher is a Licensed Mental Health Counselor with a Masters Degree in Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling. Prior to coming to work for Transformations By The Gulf, Jennifer worked for 15 years in the foster care system, providing individual and family counseling to children and families. Jennifer has experience working with people with addictions and children who have been through traumatic experiences. Jennifer has worked as a therapist for TBTG for 2 years, where she has run self-esteem and empowerment groups as well as doing individual session with clients. She completes the initial assessments with the clients, supervises the clinical staff, and ensures the client’s clinical needs are being met.