Able to Change Recovery
31501 Rancho Viejo Road #101, San Juan Capistrano, California, 92675
Able to change Recovery is a modern medical model treatment center. We’ve taken the fundamentals of the Twelve Steps of Alcoholics Anonymous, trusted for over 80 years, and included evidence-based treatment for addiction and co-occurring disorders.
- Indivdiual counseling, group counceling, intense family therapy
- We offer residential , partial hospitalization, intensive outpatient treatment programs.
- Meditation, Tai-Chi, Yoga, and Equine Therapy
Family ProgramResearch shows that the odds of successful, sustained recovery from addiction are far higher when family members and loved ones are involved in treatment. Drug and alcohol addiction often have genetic roots, whether related to substance abuse, mental illness or both. Family dynamics also play a role and, often, family members are the first to realize a loved one has developed an addiction. Also, it’s important for family members to understand and embrace the lifestyle changes that are required to sustain recovery.
Equine TherapyA form of animal therapy, equine therapy involves visiting, working with and sometimes riding horses as a way to create a metaphoric relationship that leads to life-altering insights.
- Beach Community
Meet the Staff
- Ron Israel, CADC II, NCAC I Primary Chemical Dependency Counselor, Clinical SupervisorRon Israel is an addiction professional with over 28 years of service in the field of chemical dependency. He earned his Bachelors of Arts Degree in Human Services at Cal State University Fullerton, and he holds a Master of Arts Degree in Management Health Services. He holds certifications as a Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor Level II, National Certified Addiction Counselor, and and Internationally Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor. After 8 years of service as Director of Addiction Services at Charter Behavioral Health Systems in Mission Viejo, he pursued private practice. In 2000, Ron began his affiliation with Able To Change Recovery when he held the program’s first group counseling session for a hand full of tough hard-core alcoholic-addicts in his small private practice office. That first group was the beginning of his dedication to help develop the Able To Change Recovery treatment program into what it is today. As the founder of Hawk Counseling and Consulting, Ron continues his private practice in San Juan Capistrano, CA where he provides outpatient individual counseling, family counseling, intervention services, and addiction treatment consulting. Having served as Regional Director of the California Association of Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselors (CAADAC), he is dedicated to helping bring new addiction counselors into the field. He is a member of the Cherokee Nation of Oklahoma and a native Californian. Ron has four children, three grandchildren, and resides with his beautiful and tolerant wife Brenda and their Doberman Jazz, in Rancho Margarita CA.
- Saralyn Cohen, CATC, CSC, CCDSCEO, Founder and PresidentAfter many experiences with various treatment centers, Saralyn felt there was a fundamental need to create a substance abuse facility that would be sympathetic to both clients and their families. She began to understand how difficult it was to find a treatment center that shared this philosophy. With this in mind, Saralyn founded Able To Change Recovery, Inc. (ATCR) in 1999. She has served as the President and Chairperson of ATCR since its inception. In August of 2002, she became Vice President & board member for the Orange County National Council on Alcoholism & Drug Dependency. A National non-profit association devoted to “empower the recovery community through outreach and education programs.” During the same time period, she served as Chairman on the Ethics committee and Field Inspection Officer for the Sober Living Coalition of Orange County. Saralyn loves running, weight training, deep-sea fishing, cooking, and spending time with her loving family.
- Up to 60%